SAU Community

Tim's N15 Sss Pulsar With A Twist - Neo Vvl

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate :) I appreciate the kind words.

Well... I have purchased a FWD SR20DET engine block (came with block, upper and lower sump and the crank girdle) off a friend of mine. I am in the process of sourcing another P11 SR20VE head from NZ. The reason I wanted a DET block was that it comes with a factory fitted crank girdle and it has the oil squirters.

The options from there are as follows:

Nitto 2.2 stroker with custom 12.5 - 13.5:1 compression pistons

SR20DE/T crank with DET rods and custom pistons with 13.5:1

The head that I have sourced has bent valves, so the head will be stripped down, replace everything, port and polish the head then replace all the valves. I have budgeted to put oversize valves (1mm oversize intake and 2mm oversize exhaust)

It depends how bent the valves are..

So with that compression E85 is on the cards and an Adaptronic ECU and the ITB's will come into play :)

This is a long, long, long way off. I am in the process of saving for a house, so the car play fund is quiet small atm. Lol.

To answer your question, #@XKLABA yes I'd love to stroke it one day ;)

i know the feeling, wait till you get married and have kids and see how the car fund goes, taken me a year now to build a 30 for my 34

2.2 @ 13.5 - 1 with E85 = yes :D

is Gerard from GCCorp still going, I've gotten heaps of stuff from him but nothing for ages

is Gerard from GCCorp still going, I've gotten heaps of stuff from him but nothing for ages

I bought some oils off him a few months ago, but cant access the site recently.

I keep getting Gspec and GCCorp mixed up :verymad:

Do you have any idea what kind of springs and rates you are going to use? after destroying my double's im trying to choose what to go next.

You can buy my crank off me if you want? Polished up ok, i just plan on replacing it because it'll be the last remaining doubt in the engine (or at least I hope so). Plus, I'm chasing a block and most come with a crank anyway.

To answer your question, #@XKLABA yes I'd love to stroke it one day ;)

Timmy keep your focus on the car and not your genitals! O_O lol

I assume you will be watching Nigels N/A build with interest?

Leroy, VE heads have double valve springs from the factory, I have upgraded BC springs and retainers. I'll be using the same ones in the new head as what I am running now :)

Oh I am thinking I might look at the 2.2 instead man :) Thanks for the offer though.

This won't be for at least 12 months down the track I'd say...

GC Corp is still going, but Gerard mainly trades through PAR now. Yeah my build will be similar to yours, slowly. Lol.

Lol, Matt... You're a douche. I didn't realise that Nigel was building a N/A motor :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an update, I was looking through the past pages of this build thread and realised I haven't taken many photos of the car.

So some up to date photos:

20130705_152202_zps6eeb67a9.jpg

20130705_152045_zps5ccf359f.jpg

20130705_152002_zps08d83deb.jpg

20130705_151947_zps7d7046cc.jpg

20130705_151800_zps9dbd01b4.jpg

20130705_151747_zps74aae81e.jpg

20130705_151727_zps6ecd86e9.jpg

Edited by TimmyMA70

There comes a time in every car enthusiasts life when you wake up and think.. I'd like to build a different car now...

I have achieved more than I ever thought I would with my little Pulsar. It has been ALOT of fun, it has been reliable, it has been a learning curve about the do's and don'ts when building a car. I do not regret spending money on such a underrated FWD platform.

I will not be selling the car as a whole, as I have poured bulk dollars into making it what it is today. I will be parting it out slowly. Basically this post is to let everyone know that I am turning my car back to mostly factory condition. I am undecided whether I will be keeping the car as a close to standard daily or whether I'll be selling it.

I will be putting up parts I have for sale in the For Sale section. So keep an eye out.

I hope this car will be inspiration in the future on how to build a really fun and reliable N15.

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the support.

Tim.

Oh just looking for a step up in the way of a 'better' platform mate.

Don't get me wrong I love the car. But the next step would involve building the high comp N/A motor. This would be a shitload of money that I would never recoup.

I am buying a house in the next couple of months.

Once I am all settled in I'd love to get into a R -Chassis

I've dreamed about a R32 GTR Skyline for years, so pending funds etc I hope to be able to find a clean example towards the end of the year or the start of next year.

I've lurked on this thread for ages and never said anything. I liked that it was a unique build and the effort you put into things.

But I can say, you will never regret moving to a GT-R.

If you've always wanted one then you should definitely get it. I had one for a while and will get back into one when I'm done paying off the house, hopefully in the next few years, in the meantime the S13 allows me to still have a play now and then.

I hope you can recoup a stack of cash and that the return to stock process goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It has been a long build. It is looking like I will get the money I want for nearly everything on the car so far.

I am very excited to broaden my knowledge about cars. I have only really ever known Pulsars. Well apart from the MA70 Supra I had.

The GTR won't be bought tomorrow by no means. But you will see it when my build thread pops up on SAU :)

Thanks for being so accommodating guys. I really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Bit of minor update, the new engine is running really well. Very healthy. I compression tested it recently it was 190, 190, 195, 192. Pretty happy with that.

I decided to paint the rocker cover last weekend. It came out pretty good I think:

20130823_113149_zps0dfc9d1e.jpg

20130826_154424_zps359d038d.jpg