SAU Community

R32 Gtr Gearbox And Tailshaft Into A Gts-T?

VIP-32

I am just about to bolt a modified r32 gtr gearbox to my rb25det in my gts-t, I was just wondering when i put it in if a gtr tailshaft would bolt straight up or would i have to get a custom tailshaft?

If I wasn't quite clear enough what im asking exactly is will the tailshaft be the right length?, Will it bolt to the gts-t diff? Is there any way i can use the gts-t tailshaft and gtr tailshaft together, like front part of gtr shaft and back part of gts-t shaft?

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by VIP-32

NO. GTR diff has a flange to accept a CV. GTSt diff has spider to accept a uni joint. So the tailshafts are not compatible. I don't even know if the centre bearing/support is in the same place between 4WD and 2WD cars, although they probably are.

What are you doing about a gearbox crossmember?

hmm im going to go down to my mates shop tommorow as he has a gtr and my gts-t down there at the moment and climb underneath and measure up the shaft to the center bearing and see if i can make a shaft from the gtr and gtst shafts put together.

not sure about what im doing with the crossmember, assuming i will need to use the gtr one. would be good if it was a straight swap but i can see it needing some modification. anybody know?