SAU Community

Best Spark Plug Rb25Det 220Rwkw

Hey Guys

So I bought a set of splitfires to fix my jerking at WOT and misfiring problems on my RB25DET S2(R33 skyline)

May as well throw in a set of plugs while im at it...

Car has 3inch exhaust straight through with high flow cat. Nothing else.

Planning to raise the boost after I install a cooler and eventually shoot for 220rwkw(my daily driver)

What spark plug and gap would you guys reccommend (heard 0.8 is the best) ?

Ps: My apologies if this topic has been beaten to death , search function sucks. Thanks in advance for any help.

if you give it the beans on a regular basis, go the 7's, if you do a lot of driving around town, sitting in traffic and don't give it the beans very often, go with 6's. the 7's are a colder plug than the 6's, so they are a bit more prone to fouling.

if you give it the beans on a regular basis, go the 7's, if you do a lot of driving around town, sitting in traffic and don't give it the beans very often, go with 6's. the 7's are a colder plug than the 6's, so they are a bit more prone to fouling.

my mechanic suggested platinum's instead of coppers. the BCPR7ES are copper i believe. any platinum suggestions?

any what gap should i run , engine is mostly stock as above

Edited by tripsteady

mechanic said the ones I currently have (IRIDIUM IX BKR5EIX-11) are not the right ones I need. Is this true(only done 3000km with them and the last to 100k)

only reason i want to change plugs is because im putting in splitfires anyway and wasnt sure if the IRIDIUM IX BKR5EIX-11 contributed to by backfiring problems

Actually, there is surprisingly little information about sparkplugs on this forum, I have found more useful threads on our UK counter parts. Most threads on this forum end with: "search there are plenty of threads asking this question" :). Mind you, this thread isn't on the right sub-forum so yeah off to a bad start.

Edited by Sarumatix