SAU Community

Hello From Dubai!

G37Sam

Hello All,

My name is Sam, I'm based in Dubai and drive a slightly modified Infiniti G37S Coupe also known as a Nissan Skyline 370GT in Japan. I am an FIA Scrutineer on the side and was lucky enough to scrutineer for the Aussie V8's when they were at the Yas Marina Circuit two weeks ago! Crazy *** drivers that's for sure :) Will post a pics later in a different thread today.

I've been lurking this forum for a while and there's a lot of valuable info on here. I am currently fed up of my VQ37VHR and it's lame auto transmission, will be swapping that out for an RB26/30 engine with an RB25 transmission. Currently putting all the parts together before my car goes in for surgery sometime next week.

A pleasure being a part of this community.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by G37Sam

Sounds like an interesting conversion.

would love to see the updates as its coming along.

and find out what you yhink going from a 3.7l v6, to a 3l il6.

of course the turbo will compensate the top end, but down low will be a lot I would think.

also, welcome.

glad you have found info on our site that helps.

always good to hear positive feedback.

Yeah I love this site, did more reading on it than I did for my masters degree and figured it was time to join :)

The VQ37VHR is great engine don't get me wrong, it has a variable valve lift controller (VVEL) on the intake side too which gives it a nice flat torque curve. What I don't like about it is its high static CR (11.0:1) and it's VVEL which becomes one hell of a bottle neck at high power levels. Then comes the 5speed auto with paddle shifters, they're very laggy and behave weird when the car is driven hard.

I've been in a few RB powered machines and was sold on the spot to be honest. A friend of mine will be buying the VQ37 with its transmission off me, and in will go my RB!

Edited by G37Sam

All good.

I love my rbs too.

I am just really interested in the bottom end torque difference with the heavier car.

so please, keep us up to date.

and I completely understand the want for a manual.

I am researching how much of a hassle that would be, apart from the external oil feed what would I need?

I will definitely start a build thread when I get my hands on all the parts, and drop her off