SAU Community

Skyline Steering Wheels

fletch63

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows will an R34 GTR wheel fit on an R33 GTR

I have a S1 R33 GTR with a very worn wheel and want to swap.

The R33 wheel looks bad anyway and a good 2nd hand one will cost $300

The 34 looks good and wondering if it will fit and airbag etc will all function OK

• 5 months later...

Thread digging a bit, but I have a series 1.5 I think - four spoke steering wheel with airbag and passenger side airbag as well. Looks like this.

Steeringwheel1.jpg

Wanting to install this steering wheel, possibly using the buttons to adjust stereo volume, answer phone calls through bluetooth, or adjust boost settings as i dont have cruise control and surely making my auto tiptronic to uses these would be financially unviable. A lil FnF I know (but a least I didnt say NOS!)

IMG_5834Medium_zpsee02bc2c.jpg

Now seems like the srs module, and HICAS is the main issue with swapping these wheels, it wont fit a series one, but will fit a series two it seems.

Found most of what I need after a search in this thread http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/147922-r34-steering-wheel-into-r33.html however not sure where the SRS unit is on a 1.5 and hoping someone might be able to tell me?

Edited by Lottery

You'll definitely need some work to make it all work, because plugs will be different... It's even different between the R34 auto and manual steering wheel (even minus the switches on the wheel).

Hmmm yeah, unless you know how to rewire plugs etc, its easiest to either buy a new 2nd hand wheel or restore it. If you search this section of the forum, you can find my thread about restoring steering wheels.

But I know guys on here have used an auto R34 steering wheel to control their audio..

Hmmm yeah, unless you know how to rewire plugs etc, its easiest to either buy a new 2nd hand wheel or restore it. If you search this section of the forum, you can find my thread about restoring steering wheels.

But I know guys on here have used an auto R34 steering wheel to control their audio..

Saw that thread, and actually plan on buying one of those kits shortly, yours worked out really well. Will use it to redye and refurbish my auto shifter too - cant see why that wouldn't work.

I am relatively handy with basic wiring stuff and a soldering iron. Playing around with air bags though is something I haven't done before. I simply prefer the look of that wheel, and having audio controls on the wheel would be cool so will try to find some more info on it and perhaps look at it doing down the track..