SAU Community

Engine Cutting Out

WESTWD

Hey guys,

My RB25DENEO in my R34 has cut out while driving twice over the last two weeks and the engine and oil light have both come on each time this has happened. Once i come to a stop, i can turn the engine on and drive away just fine.

I changed the oil after the first time it happened as it was very low and the car ran smoother but it happened again after this.

I am planning to take it to a mechanic today, but was curious if anyone had any ideas here?

Thanks a lot.

had same issue on a 33, check you box oil level, mine was a little low due to a split line going to the radiator.

basically i would accelerate then come of the accel, and the revs would drop right down and engine would cut out.

(this also happens if boost pressure is not plumbed back into the turbo, but your natro so cant see it being that)

How about connection up to a consult cable and reading any fault codes...

My auto 32 did this cutout thing not long ago, I managed to limp home and the only fault code was 12: air flow meter

Followed the tutorial and re-soldered the pins and hey presto, not more engine cutting out.

How about connection up to a consult cable and reading any fault codes...

My auto 32 did this cutout thing not long ago, I managed to limp home and the only fault code was 12: air flow meter

Followed the tutorial and re-soldered the pins and hey presto, not more engine cutting out.

Plugged it in last night and no fault codes detected. however, my timing was going all over the place, jumping from 4, up to 17, then down again etc. then it had brief moments staying on 15. Could it be the CAS?

Plugged it in last night and no fault codes detected. however, my timing was going all over the place, jumping from 4, up to 17, then down again etc. then it had brief moments staying on 15. Could it be the CAS?

yep same issue as mine exactly....... have you reset the ecu?

yep same issue as mine exactly....... have you reset the ecu?

Yeah, i reset it 2 days ago. Not sure if it helped at all. Car hasn't cut out since, but im not convinced a ecu reset has fixed it? I just see how it goes.