SAU Community

4Wd Light

Aaron S

i have been battling with the 4wd light coming on randomly every now and then.

i have ha the code read as a c1206, which really tells you nothing, except where not to bother looking.

when the light comes on it has no drive to the front wheels which makes me think it is not an air buble causing low line pressure to trigger the error or something along those lines.

so i have removed the relay under the airbox, but the patrt number is torn.

can some confirm this is the right relay, and if so provide the part number

it has a green sticker on it and 2 plugs one with 2 big terminals in it, the other with 2 smaller terminals in it.

2nd qtn: if this is the problem, does anyone have one?

Cheers

Aaron

I had 4wd light come on in my M35, ended up being the diff pump crapped out, got it rebuilt under warranty, all good now.

its not a diff pump, its an attesa pump. anyway, yes probably pump or accumulator is on the way out or gone.

Mine has been coming on in my c34 every now and then, turn car off and on it goes away, only comes on during long drives, I was told I was showing an attessa fault code so does this mean is likely my pump will die? How much is a new one if anyone knows and more importantly what happens when it dies? Are u dead on the road booking a tow or u can disconnect that plug and put it rwd diagnostic mode or whatever it's called?

i have been battling with the 4wd light coming on randomly every now and then.

i have ha the code read as a c1206, which really tells you nothing, except where not to bother looking.

when the light comes on it has no drive to the front wheels which makes me think it is not an air buble causing low line pressure to trigger the error or something along those lines.

so i have removed the relay under the airbox, but the patrt number is torn.

can some confirm this is the right relay, and if so provide the part number

it has a green sticker on it and 2 plugs one with 2 big terminals in it, the other with 2 smaller terminals in it.

2nd qtn: if this is the problem, does anyone have one?

Cheers

Aaron

If you haven't already tried it, start with the easiest option and give the ATTESA system a flush.

You can do this in under an hour and all you need is a few liters of Matic D (Nulon works a treat), some clear tube and a 10mm spanner.

It's one of the easiest procedures to do on the M35 and will cost under $50 even if you have to buy a cheap spanner!! :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/366591-q-4wd-light-stuck-on/page__st__60

It's worth a try before chasing a problem that might not be there perhaps???

Jas

i swapped out the relay under the airbox with another car, now my car is fixed and theirs has the fault mine had.

couldn't have asked for a much easier diagnosis.

cheers

We did that with Mike's (Impul535W) when he first got it. I had the fault, his cleared. Swapped back, he got a new relay, and the problem reoccured in his. His was something else, can't remember what they did to fix it.

Hopefully you've fixed it for good!

Ended up being the pump, I think the relay had failed so long ago that it may have been the reason why the pump its self failed. In the end though everything in the rear of the car, attached to the pump mount was replaced. Problem solved.