SAU Community

A Short Update

hot_c210

Its been a while and the old 210 has been a bit spluttery but its finally time for some real work!

the l24 has been leaking exhaust gaskets, sump gaskets, rear main seal and many other places... so its been pulled down for a bit of maintenance..

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9IBf0LCEVgMUkpuREw3M3pBbU0

so ive pulled the water pump off all manifolds gearbox, sump, dizzy, flywheel, rocker cover... is there anything else that i should check/clean/test/replace?

im considering building the l26 i have in bits and putting that in... any ideas would be appreciated..

Depends on what you're chasing, a freshened L26 is a good idea.

Making sure with either engine you change your rings pending condition.

Cause i didn't when i did my headgasket and it now smokes like the batmobile

If bottom end is in good order, and you've still got factory bore/hone marks within cylinders (ie not glazed) plus good compression, you should be ok for a while. Otherwise, with what you've done, I'd also replace the stem seals for sure. If you don't have the head off, get a shop to do it, or you can try yourself with a compressor & spark plug adaptor.

What head you running,, early type? I'm not sure on valve seat specs for C210. If early type, get a shop to replace valve seats or, get an R30 head, or even just buy yourself a 'valve saver' lube kit, fit it in line btwn carb & distributor, it'll save the head from dramas.

its an E30 head on the l24... running LPG but its only done 50,000kms on LPG and about 100,000kmd on petrol.. had the sump off and it appears all the hone marks are still the from what little i can see/feel

whats a rb 30 head change involve? havent heard of that one before... would a rb 25 head work then for the twin cam...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...