SAU Community

R32 skyline short circuit

Ak brar

Hi everyone

im from melb vic. 

ive got r32  there’s an electric short circuit issue idont have any knowledge about electric stuff if anyone can help me that would be awesome 

so the issue is when I turn the headlights on car burned the wire under the dash which is headlights wire thats wire came from under the dash nd connected to the driver side computer that wire is red colour with blue trace  so the wire is naked fully burned from starting to the end 

then i checked under the driver seat loom found same wire cooked and naked i followed thats wire and remove the centre console again i found same wire naked and burned 

everything was ok when i last time drove it  and she keep blowing the fuse  

ive checked lights were ok no issues 

rear lights checked ok

i cut that wire from near computer beside fusebox  and checked again 

then lights were working and no short circuit but only thing is not working breaklights  it only work while pressing peddle 

so i try  to connect That wire again and checked i found same thing happened wire start burning so ive checked what i know 

if anyone know wuts wrong or anyone lives in melb near west

If someone Have  knowledge about this please let me  will be really appreciated 

thankyou

4 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You need to trailer it to an auto-electrician before it burns to the ground.

solid advice, because that is a very real possibility at this stage.

the underlying problem is probably the headlight switch, the whole headlight power goes through it and as it gets old it can have increased resistance. You need to get another switch, I recommend brand new from nissan

For now you have to leave the fuse out and not drive at night. The headlight power wiring (blue/red) goes all over the place because it controls a lot of functions as well as the headlights like dash lights, cigarette lighter lights, tail lights etc etc etc. Somewhere a bare part of that wire is contacting the chassis and shorting so you need to find and fix that, or more likely if you are not confident with electrics replace the whole dash loom and anything else that is damaged (maybe front loom as well)