SAU Community

Hello From Qld

01UDE

Hey all im new to the RWD side of the car, iv owned afew rwd in the past but most of my past rides have been hondas

atm my current ride is a 1992 honda prelude f22

i got this car about 18months ago as nothing but i shell and managed to rebuild in to what it is today

afw mods i have on the car are,

body kit

shaved boot lid

halo head lights

clear tail lights adj sleeved springs

the motor is an stock f22 but as we speak i have a new f22 being built for it. its a fully forged 2.2ltr with a stage 2 turbo cam, upgraded springs, vavles, retainers, and guides ect ect

its runninf twin walbro 255s with nos and a t04e good for about 600hp all running off a hondata

with a little luck once i got the new motor in i would be happy if i can manage 350-400hp atw @ 15-20psi

here a few pics of what i started with to where i am now

SANY0300.jpg

SANY0270.jpg

SANY0261.jpg

and this is where i am now

photo1_zps3056e244.jpg

photo_zpsde3a109e.jpg

now i know some of you are prob wondering WTF is this guy banging on about? this is a nissan spot not a honda spot......

well over the next few weeks im going to be on the hunt for an R34 shell to start on and do it all over again, and would reall be greatful

for any advide you lads can give me or questions i might have,

the plan is to build a proper drift spec 34 that will get used and not just sit there and look good parked up.

so i guess the first question i have is.........

is there anything i should be aware of or be on the look out for while looking for a shell, parts or even suggestions on what parts to use that wont shit its self after one run.

and befor anyone ask, yes i do understand this is not going to be a cheap project...........(just dont tell my misses, she thinks the turbo for my honda is part of the aircon lol)

thank any help would be great

Welcome.

congratulations on the Honda.

in regards to the 34 shell, I havnt seen many bare shells for sale.

seen a couple if rollers.

and are you looking at gtt or gtr?

Gtt is rwd and will be cheaper.

gtr is active 4wd and will cost a lot more.

Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing a 34gtr shell for sale since I've been into skylines.

Have you drifted before?

If not I'd be getting a cheap R32 thats already running with a RB25 in it, (Or just get an R33 GTSt since theyre just as cheap but newer) add a FMIC, Oil Cooler and steel wheeled turbo, weld the diff up and go and learn to drift in it.

You are very likely to keep bending things, and the cost to build a car from shell/rolling chassis most of the time is more expensive then buying individual parts.

It's why a lot of guys are parting out their R33s as they are getting more money for them in parts. Plus if you decide you want to put in a new part, you've got the old one to either sell, or keep as a spare (What I recommend) for if/when it breaks.

yeah i have drifted befor, its been a few years, but my last drift car was a vt gts 5.7lt 6spd man with a charger but i dont plan on doing this over night its just going to be over time and the way i see it, if i smash a 32 or a 33 its still going to have to be fixed if it were a 34, and on the plus side i know a thing or two about doing body work on cars, i used to work for a body kit shop doing alot of repairs on drift damage and also build wide bodys