SAU Community

insurance canvassing

whodaman

hi guys,

car - r32 nissan skyline gts 2.0, 6cyl, twincam, manual, sedan, front & side skirts, spoiler, stereo, tinted, mags, keyless alarm, personalimport, customs value$13,200, toinsurefor$9,000

me - 27yrsold, male, 1accident(oct 2000), 60%ncb (in nz)

here a list of quotes i got:

Justcars - premium$2,154; excess$1,300; theftexess$2,100

young&cool - premium$2,045; excess$1,400; require an immobilizer(~$350) to be installed.

shannons - premium$2,537

racv - does not insure imports

suncorp metway - does not insure imports

which one do you think/recommend I should get?

any bad experiences with them?

Regards

Note: with justcar, immobilizer is not compulsory, that's what justcar said to me. However, if you don't fit any immobilizer on your car, you will only be covered for accident damages, theft will not be covered. I'm with Justcar.

hi megalla,

maybe.... i like driving around.... but i just know a few streets... i don't know where dynon st is...

saw that post before about you and some guys meeting up for a dyno run... wanted to drop by and have a look, but had other commitments :)

rs73,

thanks dude... am waiting for a reply from just cars... i asked them... i thought comprehensive-car-insurance would be ..comprehensive?

-- in the long run, the cheaper premium would offset the price of the immobilizer... i guess an immobilizer adds more peace of mind...

-- those excess figures are putting me off though. even if insured, an accident or theft will cost me more than $1k :)

I'm still paying $2300 for 29 y.o. male, but I'm only rating 4 at the moment. Should have come down next year when I go up to rating 3...

I have no insurance record back from where I came from b4 coming to Australia, that's why I have to start with rating 6 in yr 2000 when I bought my 1st car in australia... what a bummer..

i'm 27... and justcars says they consider me to be on rating 3... i think i was a rating 1 in nz... i think i'll go with young and cool.. will save me $100 a year.

anyone with them? any problems? or things I should be aware of?

thanks.:)