SAU Community

Some Quick Q's (I'm New..)

ZRBE

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster..

Anyway finally bought myself a '93 r32 gtst type m. I'm on my green p's I got pulled over second day I bought it (Christmas day)

The cops were alright (compared to others) let me off with defect warnings on my

-pod filter (no cover)

-too low (my exhaust sits really low)

-Atmospheric BOV (bought a stock r32 gtst bov)

-external wastegate w/ screamer (really want to keep this)

Any help on quick fixes to these would be appreciated, cheers.

is that a turbo on your green Ps?

Yes lol, my own fault for driving a turbo, I was hoping to get away with it. A lot of my mates are on there's p's and drive turbo skylines ect. And always get pulled over (no fines). I get my opens in march but I'm impatient :)

Remove everything and put stock parts on to pass the defect. Then its your choice if you swap them back after.

FYI - My mate got caught driving his gtst on his greens. he got a 6 month suspension. Its not wise to drive a car that you are not allowed to. March could easily turn into September.

Edited by CLNSKY

FYI - My mate got caught driving his gtst on his greens. he got a 6 month suspension. Its not wise to drive a car that you are not allowed to. March could easily turn into September.

Really? All back to stock? Can I put the stock r32 bov on where hks one used to sit?

If no defect what are you asking advice on?

I would get rid of the screamer as its not worth getting raped by epa for a noise.

Sorry should have been more clear, main concern is BOV I have a hks atm (not quite sure what type) pretty sure it's making my car stall when coming down from high revs also.. I bought a stock r32 gtst BOV with crossover pipe but I have custom piping for turbo and aftermarket fmic and not quite sure where to put the stock BOV so I can plum it back into the intake..

if you didnt get a proper defect notice then just leave the stuff on, your taking the risk of driving a turbo on your Ps anyways..

but im pretty sure they note it in their system and the next time you drive past a high way patrol they'll pull you over and tear you a new asshole

wait it out until you can drive legit i reckon

if you didnt get a proper defect notice then just leave the stuff on, your taking the risk of driving a turbo on your Ps anyways..

but im pretty sure they note it in their system and the next time you drive past a high way patrol they'll pull you over and tear you a new asshole

wait it out until you can drive legit i reckon

i said i am waiting until March because i WAS pulled over.. i still want to get defect fixed while i cant drive the car.. i might as well do something to it while i cant drive it

-pod filter (no cover)

-too low (my exhaust sits really low)

-Atmospheric BOV (bought a stock r32 gtst bov)

-external wastegate w/ screamer (really want to keep this)

Any help on quick fixes to these would be appreciated, cheers.

Seems pretty simple.

• Cover pod
  • Raise it (or install stock suspension)
  • Stock BOV (good for 300kw+)
  • Plumb back screamer

/thread

Seems pretty simple.

• Cover pod
  • Raise it (or install stock suspension)
  • Stock BOV (good for 300kw+)
  • Plumb back screamer

/thread

Cheers, with the stock BOV am I able to remove the HKS one and put this in the same spot?

I'm thinking I can't? because the HKS BOV is located on drivers side bottom intercooler pipe (hidden, I think)

Edited by Zrobe

its not a matter of the cops just pulling you over and then finding out your driving a turbo car whilst on your Ps

If the registered owner of a car is on their Ps, (you for example) and the car is turbod. It comes up on their computer straight away.

from what ive been told their computers now scan every number plate automatically and lets them know if there is discrepencies

its like getting pulled over if your driving a car with no rego, they already know your cars out of registration

so your on the hit list now, they will target you and really F#ck you if they catch you again with defects,.. i assure you of this

So wise choice on not driving it and getting all your defects fixed ;)

its not a matter of the cops just pulling you over and then finding out your driving a turbo car whilst on your Ps

If the registered owner of a car is on their Ps, (you for example) and the car is turbod. It comes up on their computer straight away.

from what ive been told their computers now scan every number plate automatically and lets them know if there is discrepencies

its like getting pulled over if your driving a car with no rego, they already know your cars out of registration

so your on the hit list now, they will target you and really F#ck you if they catch you again with defects,.. i assure you of this

So wise choice on not driving it and getting all your defects fixed ;)

It's in mum name :)

It's in mum name :)

you should really do yourself a favour and make that thing stealth as possible, i mean make it as clean and sensible as possible.

My pulse starts racing at the site of police and i dont have a screamer or atmo bov, dont give them a reason, show ya maturity

and they'll respect you for it, hmm i hope lol :unsure:

I know this is off topic, but in SA you are exempt from the 'no turbo on P plates'

If you are 25 years old or over.

Is this the same in other states or are turbo's outlawed altogether for P platers (in other states)?

you should really do yourself a favour and make that thing stealth as possible, i mean make it as clean and sensible as possible.

My pulse starts racing at the site of police and i dont have a screamer or atmo bov, dont give them a reason, show ya maturity

and they'll respect you for it, hmm i hope lol :unsure:

Well everything on the car is fixed now (Defects fixed) other than my screamer pipe and external wastegate... i know i probably sound like a wanker but i love the f**ken sound it makes :D :D

Also bit hard to be stealth when it's bright gold ahahaha :P

Edited by Zrobe

I know this is off topic, but in SA you are exempt from the 'no turbo on P plates'

If you are 25 years old or over.

Is this the same in other states or are turbo's outlawed altogether for P platers (in other states)?

Same applies to over 25's in Queensland. Few concessions made for them

Well everything on the car is fixed now (Defects fixed) other than my screamer pipe and external wastegate... i know i probably sound like a wanker but i love the f**ken sound it makes :D :D

Also bit hard to be stealth when it's bright gold ahahaha :P

Certainly sound like one to be honest. Screamers = Stupid attention seeking crap. Also, yes it was the BOV that was causing you to stall coming back down from revs. Unless your car is tuned for an atmo BOV, the ECU assumes the air that was just vented goes back into the intake.

+1

screamers are for shitkunce. dont be a shitkunt

My first turbo car... Let me scream a bit :) lol

Found out I don't even HAVE a screamer pipe.. It's shooting straight onto my turbo oil line and slowly making it brittle, so plumbing that back also.

My exhaust sits 40mm off the ground when my car is 120mm high :( so might be getting a new one.. First r32 monster truck >_>