SAU Community

Drugs - A Cautionary Tale

TTT

yeah I really have NFI about that whole scene so found that to be a very informative read... cheers for posting

anybody watch the Lance Armstrong interview?... thought he gave a pretty good account of it all but unfortunately too many people are waaaay too butthurt to let him off the hook... he's pretty well fcked

are we really that naive to think the guys doing the hardest feat of physical endurance on the planet earth aren't using drugs to help them recover from day after day after day of brutal riding... grow up FFS

he's an idiot for the way he's handled the whole thing and sounds like a bit of an asshole... but lets face it, most guys that are that driven would be a c*nt to live with

I tried human growth hormone somatropin for a week not long ago. The stuff is bloody amazing. I was using 5-7 units a day which is really high. To actually lean up and look good within a week is actually something considering u need to be on it for a few months at least. What I noticed though was that my blood glucose had increased 10 fold and was giving myself overall per day 15 times more insulin that what I actually need. Think about it...insulin - very powerful anabolic hormone but also can make you fat very fast too. Hgh prevents the the fat gain since the hormone itself feeds on insulin. Quite interesting actually when you experience it yourself.

Downside...too expensive :)

yeah I really have NFI about that whole scene so found that to be a very informative read... cheers for posting

anybody watch the Lance Armstrong interview?... thought he gave a pretty good account of it all but unfortunately too many people are waaaay too butthurt to let him off the hook... he's pretty well fcked

are we really that naive to think the guys doing the hardest feat of physical endurance on the planet earth aren't using drugs to help them recover from day after day after day of brutal riding... grow up FFS

he's an idiot for the way he's handled the whole thing and sounds like a bit of an asshole... but lets face it, most guys that are that driven would be a c*nt to live with

we sat down and watched it at work (work in a bike shop for those that don't know). it was all summed up in the first 30 seconds by the first 4 questions. the rest was just a rehearsed public announcement really. at the end of the day, yes most of the people he was racing were also on the gear, but just not to the extent that he was.

i don't think so many people would be so up in arms about lance if he hadn't been so arogant about it over the years. he's sued a few people for claiming he was a drug cheat, etc (which i dare say he is going to get sued over now).

i've never been much of a fan of lance throughout his career. simply because of his personality. i wouldn't say i'm a "hater" though. but i'm not surprised he was a cheat. i think that in years to come other people will be found out to be cheats, some of which i am fans of, but their dominance is just too much at that high level to be clean. at the end of the day, the drugs come before the tests for them.

as for that article, that was an interesting read. it was good to get a somewhat open opinion on the whole thing, rather than just the usual "you i take this and it's great"