SAU Community

Nissan Laurel C33 Auto To Manual Conversion

Samgrainger32

gday ive just got my new toy a c33 laurel and got it for a good price everything i want only problem is it is auto so will all know what the first thing that needs to be done what i need from some one that has maybe done this before and is in the now how is what parts i need to do this the car has a rb25 in it and i know parts for the laurels are hard to find i have found a few like dash cluster and gearbox its self and some interior parts but other things like what pedals can i use and are they the same as say a r33 or r32 if some one could give me a list of things i would need would be great

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

gday ive just got my new toy a c33 laurel and got it for a good price everything i want only problem is it is auto so will all know what the first thing that needs to be done what i need from some one that has maybe done this before and is in the now how is what parts i need to do this the car has a rb25 in it and i know parts for the laurels are hard to find i have found a few like dash cluster and gearbox its self and some interior parts but other things like what pedals can i use and are they the same as say a r33 or r32 if some one could give me a list of things i would need would be great

thanks

I was going to do this on an A31 Cefiro but didnt. I did a bit of research etc and have an idea on what parts you need:

Box

Clutch

Master Cylinder

Tail shaft

Pedal box (I was told an R32 pedal box would fit in the ceffy so its likely to fit the C33)

Hand brake assembly (my ceffy has the old school foot brake)

Shouldnt have to change ECU etc as to my knowledge these run independent boxes.

I think thats about it from memory. Hope this helps

Yes the pedal box fits both A31 and C33, you also need a manual brake pedal (narrower), and manual footrest (also not as wide as the auto item)

Auto transmission is run on an independent ECU, which is located in the driver's side kick panel, the engine ECU will run fine without it. The only part you need to worry about there is rigging up the neutral-position sensor, or bridging the connector, to trick the car into starting, otherwise it will won't think it's in park/neutral and the starter circuit doesn't work.

Yes the pedal box fits both A31 and C33, you also need a manual brake pedal (narrower), and manual footrest (also not as wide as the auto item)

Auto transmission is run on an independent ECU, which is located in the driver's side kick panel, the engine ECU will run fine without it. The only part you need to worry about there is rigging up the neutral-position sensor, or bridging the connector, to trick the car into starting, otherwise it will won't think it's in park/neutral and the starter circuit doesn't work.

So the box has its own ECU? is that then connected to the engine ECU or its just on its own?

Everything between Cefiro and Laurel is interchangeable except rear door cards, glass and fixed body panels.

They're the exact same chassis with a different shell on them.

Is that right? I didnt know that. Good news as I may be wrecking a ceffy soon (if it doesnt sell) and if parts fit on Laurel, well that means bigger potential market for me.

really thats a sore i can relax on the manual interior parts now and just have to sort tail shaft and crossmember out ive read that crossmember 'B' is the one to use and have checked my mates crossmember on his factory manual c33 and it is a B but will it fix with the 25 box thats the question fingers crossed as we both are about to take on the same things

Everything between Cefiro and Laurel is interchangeable except rear door cards, glass and fixed body panels.

They're the exact same chassis with a different shell on them.

Does this apply to C33, C34 and C35 Laurels?