SAU Community

Surfers Paradise

Adz2332

Hey all,

Im from adelaide and will be coming to surfers for a quick holiday.

Im staying at the surfers plaza and plan to walk into the heart of surfers from there.

I believe cavill and orchid ave are the main streets?

What are decent pubs and clubs to go to?

What are decent on a thurs night? ill be over from wed 20th to tuesday 26th and plan to go out as much as i can.

Any ideas on off days that are still decent would be great.

Thanks

Adam

Welcome!

There's usually something going on on the coast. Cavill Ave is the main strip and there are a lot of bars down there. Really depends on what you're looking for. The Beer Garden is ok for a cruisy arvo beer.

Other than that, I'm usually in a state that can't remember!

haha cheers mate.

Can any one double check me, that knows the area, is the surfers plaza resort walking distance / able to walk to cavill ave? ive only google mapped it so it looks like i can?

I used to run sounds for the bands at the beergarden on cavil, very awesome venue for party atmosphere fri / sat nights. Good Sunday sessions, Brent the resident DJ there knows his shit as well.

Depends what you are chasing for entertainment? Doof? Bands? Irish? Club? Strip Joints?

If that's the case I'd go to waxys Irish pub cruisy place $3.00 beers on Thursday / Sunday's and $2.00 steaks on those days aswell. Sin city is allright aswell as players which has some outright dirty girls if that's what your into lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

My best advice, Don't mouth off... More grumpy people there then in an enema clinic. :/

Totally agree. I don't even venture out near Sufers Paradise anymore (and Its only a 15mins drive from where I live) because of all the drop kicks and yo Bo's that think they own the place. Certainly has changed over the years.

You can still have a great night out. But have to be more careful these days that's all.

Edited by Ants

• 1 month later...