SAU Community

New R32 Just Want Some Advice Please

johnny_boi85

Hi guys im new this forum and just bought my first skyline. i got an 1998 R32 GTS-t with a high flow turbo, walbro fuel pump, 3inch exsurst with a high flow cat, coilovers and a few other bits. It has a little rust which i am getting removed and it dosnt like to idle very steady but other then that i cant complain. ive never owned a car like it which brings me to ask some pretty stupid questions. I just want to know are all skylines imported or are just some. Mine has a blue plate under the hood near the VIN number but half of it is japenese well i think it is anyways.

As said above, neary every 32-34 skyline bar less than 100 were imported.

They stopped making the r32 GTS-T in 1993. The year 1998 on anything would be the year imported. It should say what year the car was manfactured on that blue plate with Japanese on it, that's the build plate.

The idle issues can be a number of things as they're all 20+ years old these days. I currently have the same problem going on. A quick google search will come up with people's similar problems and some possible solutions for you.

If you have any questions about it don't hesitate to post in the appropriate section. This is sub-forum is for people creating threads directly relating to the importation or related process of vehicles, not about imports themselves as the majority of the site is based around imports.

Welcome and enjoy the world of Skyline ownership. Look after your car and it will look after you.