SAU Community

Arma 3

Damit

http://www.arma3.com/alpha/briefing

To get in you have to buy one of the packs.
Beta access and the full game are also included in all the packs.

-ALPHA € 24,99
-DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION € 39,99
-SUPPORTER EDITION € 69,99

Pack info.
http://www.arma3.com/buy#buy

The Arma 3 Alpha runs from 5 March 2013 until the Beta becomes available (expected in Q2 2013).

steam powered is good.

paying for alpha testing? geez.

Looks like theyre adding new gear, tweaking the engine, adding a shit ton of set pieces and will somehow make the campiagn squeeze it all in.

Let's hope its not too "battlefield", but at the same time, its gonna have to be a hell of an improvement to make me want to buy it. I have a feeling the unpredictable AI and a strict campaign may hamper it.

its not really pay for alpha it is buy the game and get access to the alpha and beta and full game which i know i will do as arma is a favourite game of mine and would be great to start modding my missions into it

and with how the alpha is laid out it is basically how it should be with the community testing it and scripting on it to find issues before release as with arma it is made to be a modders game and make it how you like even though they added a single player campaign 99% of people i know that have arma never play the standard game or missions and play with all custom content

It's looking very good already, so many little things about arma2 that bugged me have been fixed up or changed. Graphics are nice as well.

Think I'll be buying the DDE version, cant really justify the extra cost for the Supporter version.

it is made to be a modders game and make it how you like even though they added a single player campaign 99% of people i know that have arma never play the standard game or missions and play with all custom content

It has become a modders game. I was playing it online not long after release, and the only people playing it were military nuts, tactical shooter fans and military personnel. Most of the Aus and NZ servers were run by the Australian Army.

Lets be honest, the modding community for the engine was pretty small until DayZ. It almost single-handedly secured a solid budget for the sequel. I still reckon the only thing that makes the Arma series profitable (prior to DayZ sales and expansion packs) is the European market!

That's far from the truth yes dayZ did great things for arma2 but it has been a modders game since ofp and a perfect example of this is the projects such as ace, PR, i44 and all you have to do is look at the armaholic files db as I can guarantee that 95% of the mods were before dayZ and dayZ now is about 1 year old and also note that IronFront which is a mod for arma2 has become a standalone game like dayZ is and even has an expansion out now

Also Arma3 was in development a longtime before dayZ was created and was first released and dean hall was on the arma 3 dev team

You are half right about the servers as when it came out you had to be a millionaire to afford a server that could run the game let alone the bandwidth

But there has always been servers up and some of the main ones are the AEF and aus arma servers but with how arma works most us servers you can play on without an issue or how us in Deathinc play our custom missions is to host a server ourselves and play on it

• 3 weeks later...