SAU Community

Driftmob Drift Day (Smsp Wet Skid Pan)

DRIFTMOB

LOCATION = SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK (WET SKID PAN)

TIME TABLE

7:00AM GATES OPEN
7:30AM SCRUTINEERING
8:00AM DRIVER SIGN ON
8:45AM DRIVER BRIEFING
9:00AM START TRACK ACTIVITY
4:30PM END TRACK ACTIVITY

Please read below for event guide, terms and conditions and standing regulations.

1) SPECTATORS
Everybody is welcome to spectate at our events. Entry fee is only $5 per car, which is donated to a Cancer Foundation.

2) SCRUTINEERING
All cars will need to pass scrutineering and get signed off by our Chief Scrutineer before being allowed on track.

Main Safety requirements:
- Brakes
- Brake lights
- Seatbelts/harnesses
- Windscreen wipers
- Headlights and tail lights for night events.
- Seats installed correctly
- No Leaks
- Oil Catch can for unregistered Vehicles
- All wheels nuts tightened
- Fire Extinguisher (Recommended not compulsory)
- Secondary bonnet restraint is compulsory. If you do not have one, please bring a short (1 mtr) rope and our Scrutineer will assist you with installing it.
- Safety comes first, any cars not meeting requirements will not be allowed on Track.

3) DRIVER/TRAINEE:
Non-flammable clothing (Nylon not accepted).
Clothes must cover you from neck to wrists to ankles.
Enclosed shoes with socks must be worn.

Helmets need to have the at least one of the following sticker of approval.
FIA 8860-2010, FIA 8860-2004, AS1698, SFI 24.1 and Snell SA2000

3.1) PASSENGERS/TRAINEES:
Trainees must be minimum 16 years old to ride in any car of your choice, at drivers discretion.
$30 members
$50 non members

4) COST:
Driftmob Members
$130 Per Person (Must have a valid existing CAMS license).

Non-Members
$150 Per Person (Must have a valid existing CAMS license).

4.1) CAMS Licensing and related costs

-CAMS license can be issued on the day of event.
- To hold a yearly CAMS L2NS (Level 2 Non-Speed) or L2S (Level 2 Speed), you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club.
- A temporary slip will be issued on the day for yearly purchases and original copy posted out within 6 weeks.
- You can choose to pick up your original copy at our next event as well.

4.2) Driftmob Membership

-Driftmob Memberships can be taken out on the day of the event.
Package 1 $175 Full yearly membership (includes long sleeve shirt, membership card, stickers and yearly L2NS)
Package 2 $125 Full yearly membership (includes long sleeve shirt, membership card and stickers).
Package 3 $85 Full membership yearly renewal only.

5) PAYMENT OPTIONS

5.1) PREPAY

Account Name: DRIFTMOB INC
Account Number:259 589
Bsb:03 2372)
Financial Institution: WESTPAC

Please mail your confirmation receipts to "[email protected]"
- Include the number of entries and the names of the drivers you have paid for.
This will reduce a lot of confusion and ease our administrative process.

5.2) Credit Card
- Payment can be made over the phone with the Club Secretary.
Phone: 0406 669 635 (5pm-9pm) Monday - Friday.

5.3) Cash or EFTPOS on the day.
- Entries are subject to availability. There are no guarantees of availability for entrants on the day.
- No reserving spots on the subject of on the day payment.

6) MISCELLANEOUS

- Entries Capped at 40 Cars.
- Trainees/Passengers permitted in cars at the discretion of the Clerk of Course. Subject to skill level of driver taking passenger.
- Our track days are run based on providing surplus track time for our members, therefore we won't stop for lunch but keep running through the till finish.

7) CONTACT:

For more information on the Driftmob Car Club visit: http://www.driftmob.com.au
Or our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DRIFTMOB.CAR.CLUB

Urgent Enquiries please Email:
1) [email protected]
2) [email protected]
3) [email protected]

Regards,
The Driftmob Crew.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• 10-15 years ago, the answer would always be buy a good import motor and so many machine shops make.a hash of an engine rebuild, or they think they are some sort of RB magicians and want 40k.      Now as others have stated, you are buying a VERY old used motor. So rebuild is the correct answer.  Just finding a machine shop that will both do a good job and charge you a regular price is now your challenge. 
    • SOLVED   simple solution. After wrecking by brain, i ended up jist giggling everything i could. At one point last week I noticed that the left side signals shut off for a split second. I wasn't sure what triggered it. I spent time cleaning up wiring, re-wrapping and adding DT connectors to my IC7 stuff. I bought a new hazard and stalk hoping that would work. The stalk did fix some function issue but not the steady on. Hazard didn't fix it. I started just tracing everything. Once I got to the engine bay I notice my engine harness was droopy. I started moving it and the signals flickered. Come to find out that the starter + turned off sigmals when it grounded out on a bolt I have a Wiring Specialties pro harness so I'm not sure if this is specific to it. So it should work proper once I hook everything up   20240511_190033.mp4
    • Both of those things are on my to do but not quite in a position to do that just yet until I can at least get it running back to stock. Going to work on getting the exhaust manifold gasket and studs replaced first, an obvious need it now. Then I'll try out the new maf and see hownthat does. After that I'm thinking cas if I'm still having the same issues. Still need to run the fuel out and refuel I'll change the fuel filter tomorrow along with cleaning the iacv with carb cleaner. If all else fails I'm going to get a serial port and see if I can get some sort of data on what the ecu is seeing when the issue is happening but really hoping one of the methods above work out first. After I get a good base I'm going link but have to save for that so it'll be a while for that based on my tuners suggestions. Definitely need the exhaust leak fixed first though car has always fallen flat after about 4-4500 rpm since I've had it and suspecting that's the issue. Then I can move forward with the rest. 
    • My vote is rebuild s2 engine or maybe get a neo (but expect you may need to rebuild that too). Doing an engine conversion you would have to be a true tragic nowadays and actively be aware there's better/smarter options for value.
    • Or buy one someone built earlier! (realistically V8 mustangs or MKV supras are great). I see people nowadays putting ZF8's into MK4's, and people putting 370z gearboxes, diffs, axles into R and S chassis and it's like.... just get a 370z at that point and mildly boost the 3.7 instead of the 2L and away we go...