SAU Community

1997 Nissan Gtr V-Spec S3 - Black

Unfortunately, I am selling my Black genuine 1997 GT-R R33 V-spec series 3. I bought the car in Sydney 3 years ago with the following modifications done by Powerplay Imports by the original owner. They spent over $15,000 on modifications and maintenance (including 100,000kms service) and I have the receipts for this and all other work done.

The asking price is $19,000 ono. RWC not included, Rego till Dec 2013.

Bolts Ons and Modifications

Original Xenon Front head lights

Rear lights with standard reverse headlight (standard on series 3)

Red Stitching Interior

3inch Turbo back Hi-tech exhaust

HKS Cam Gears

Greddy e-boost controller

Garrett -5 turbos

Apexi pod filters

Nismo 555cc Injectors

Nismo fuel pump

Nismo Sport Clutch

Nismo Gear Knob

Greddy Eboost Controller

Apexi Power FC ECU

Nismo Fuel Pressure Gauge

Head Reconditioned

All Hoses changed

All oils changed

All necessary nuts and bolts changed

All gaskets (Turbo, Turbo inlet, manifold, Oil, head) changed at 85,000kms,

All fan belts.

Nismo Water Pump

N1 Oil Pump

18inch GT-C Type 2 x 10 inch Rims

265x35 Federal Tyres

Add ons I have done since owning the car

Nismo smoked indicators front and clear sides

Nismo GT-R Spoiler Inserts

BC Racing BR suspension, 20 -+ settings Damper

Front Cusco Camber Arms

Rear Cusco Tie rods

Interior

Standard steering wheel

Standard GT-R Floor Covers (good to excellent condition)

Blue LED dash lights

Alpine Head unit + MP3 play back and Ipod connectivity.

Alarm system

Nismo Gear Knob

HISTORY ABOUT THE CAR

The original owner bought the car stock in Australia from an import yard and soon after having it sent it to Powerplay Imports to get some work done. They took the engine out and overhauled it and put on the above modifications (pics of the engine bay are from when Powerplay import did the work).The original owner spent over $15,000 on the upgrades. After all the modifications were performed the car was sent to Tune House and got a reading of 290 rwkw, at the rear wheels at 1.2 bar of boost. The second owner I bought it off got it re-dynoed IS Motor Racing and it achieved 243.8 rwkw (1.2 bar) on a hub dyno, which apparently is known to have low readings.

This car has been garaged and driven minimally for the entire time I have had it. It currently has 102,000kms, and I have put less than 20,000kms on it in 3+ years. About 4 months after I bought the car I was pinned by the cops for a full EPA. So I converted everything back to stock which includes;

Stock: Fuel Pump, Injectors, ECU, Fuel Pressure regulator, Boost Controller etc, basically everything needed to pass the EPA.

The car is still in this condition, so it currently has the following standard components fitted to the car: ECU, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator.

MODS that are currently on the car are: -5 turbos, exhaust, cam gears, boost controller and pod filters, suspension are still in place.

I still have all the modified parts, and I had the intention of putting the parts back on and re-tuning it however I just never got around to it.

After I passed the EPA, I realised the head gasket (Nismo head gasket fitted when the engine was overhauled), has a very slight seepage problem, apparently these head gaskets are known to have seepage problems.

When driving the car I have noticed no difference in temperature, or oil pressure and the car drives fine. All I've noticed is a small amount of oil seeping into the coolant. I would love to be able to fix the head gasket and get back to spec but unfortunately I don’t have money or motivation to do so.

If you would like any more photos or information or have any questions please PM me.

Nathan.

Edited by Bangaz Boy

could you post some more pictures here mate, couldn't help but notice some of those pics were nearly 3 years old as the car was being prepped for a show and shine so I can't imagine it looks like this on a daily basis (kudos if i'm wrong though) also some or any photos of the interior would be great aswell..

also you mentioned you noticed the headgasket was seeping when you had the car epa'd, that was nearly 2.5 years ago, (4 months after you bought the car 3 years ago) but you still haven't gotten around to fixing it?? has the issue gotten worst? any updates on it?

are you willing to work something out to send the car to sydney?

I'm definently interested and have enquired about a bunch of GTR's on here and carsales, just been waiting for the right one to come along, thanks mate.

Hey, most of those pics are how the car looks at the moment, some of the pics are older ones on flicker that just happen to be on my flickr account. I will take some of the interior with in the next few days. I have attached a few pics of the car the last time i took it out of the garage. My mate and I gave it a detailing a month or 2 ago and its just been stored in the garage since.

I got the EPA about 4 months after having the car, then drove it around for a few more months after getting an extension on the EPA. I did most of my kms on the car in the first 6-7 months of ownership, I was loving it driving it every chance I got. Anyway by the time i took it off the road found all the stock parts for it, got the stock parts fitted and then did the EPA it was almost a 10-11 months. Then i noticed that the head gasket was seeping. From then on I rarely drove it, and was procrastinating weather to fix the gasket, or to build up the bottom end etc. So unfortunately I never really got around to doing either and every time i had the cash something else more important always came up.

When driving the car around as it is at the moment, there isn't any overheating issues and the car drives fine, but do enough kms (couple 1000kms) on the car and the oil will slowly start to build up in the coolant. So it is something that you'd want to address. As for getting the car to Sydney i'm sure we could work something out if your interested.

post-33011-0-21315600-1367995744_thumb.jpgpost-33011-0-10633300-1367995754_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...