SAU Community

Wtb: Blitz Bov With Rb25Det Adaptor [Perth]

masasaki2342

As you are new to Turbo's, it may be worth pointing out that an Atmospheric BOV will potentailly make your car run like arse as 33s are designed to have the BOV plumbed back into the system.

Having said that, a mate of mine has one of these on a pipe and may be willing to sell it...

As you are new to Turbo's, it may be worth pointing out that an Atmospheric BOV will potentailly make your car run like arse as 33s are designed to have the BOV plumbed back into the system.

Having said that, a mate of mine has one of these on a pipe and may be willing to sell it...

When you say run like arse what do you mean by that? How much would he be willing to sell it for?

Dont do it!

Factory plumb back BOV only.

Do some research into how turbo AFM based engines work.

Changing to an atmospheric BOV will make the car run like shit as said above.

Mr. Kitto since it seems you know what your talking about why don't you educate me? :P

The air that has been measured by the airflow meter is released to atmosphere instead of back into the system.

The ecu (computer) has read that air and added fuel to match the air.

So the engine can stall when you clutch in as now there is too much fuel.

Plumbed in bov keeps the air in the system, so all is well.

The air that has been measured by the airflow meter is released to atmosphere instead of back into the system.

This.

If you really really want an atmospheric BOV (I dont know why because they attract attention and are soo cheesy and wanky) then you will need to move your AFM cold side of the intercooler and have the BOV located a fair distance up stream of the AFM. When you move the AFM youll need a proper retune.

Moving the AFM doesnt always work either.

Or switch to a MAP sensor based ECU.

Best option? Retain the factory one.

Alright great thanks for the info. Didn't know that So what type of aftermarket BOV is plumbed in?

This.

If you really really want an atmospheric BOV (I dont know why because they attract attention and are soo cheesy and wanky) then you will need to move your AFM cold side of the intercooler and have the BOV located a fair distance up stream of the AFM. When you move the AFM youll need a proper retune.

Moving the AFM doesnt always work either.

Or switch to a MAP sensor based ECU.

Best option? Retain the factory one.

Nuh it's all good. I didn't know there were different types of BOV to be honest. But thanks for the explanation, but I'm good :)