SAU Community

2003 V35 350Gt P Plate?

It's not about haters. It's about preventing young drivers from hurting and killing themselves or other people.

The p plate restrictions did reduce the death tolls. People do stupid shit in their cars when they are young. It's a fact you will do it. It's much safer if you end up doing it in a Nugget because in the longer time it takes to reach 100 hopefully you end up thinking twice. And it helps if dad's camry can't do skids.

No hate. Just valuing life and respecting the road rules.

Fark never new so many haters on this website. Relax dudes... i'm not gonna be buying one, but as i might be swapping my car and could get a good deal with one, might sell it and buy something else for myself.

rather be called a hater than find a news story with a V35 wrapped around a tree

Edited by liger

I don't think it's the 200kw limit, its the power to weight ratio. A series 2 M35 is p plate legal, as it's not mentioned in the RTA prohibited vehicle list.

An SV6 wagon isn't restricted nor is the sedan they are 210kw?

What Scott said farkem, no one can stop you buying what you wanna buy. One thing I can give advise on if you do end up buying it, make sure you get in writing that any insurance you take will cover any driver that drives the car.

I think it depends on the state too. In Qld, it is just a power limit (210kw), but if you want to apply for an exemption, then they use the power to weight figure to determine if the car is eligible for exemption.

Fortunatly for Qld P platers, the 350GT comes in under the 210kw limit, because it doesn't pass the power to weight figure..

I owned my V35 Coupe for over a year on my green P's (21 y/o) and got pulled over several times by police with no issues. Last time i checked QLD transport website says it's unclassified so it's not banned just yet.

Not all P platers drive like tools, it's the minority that makes the rest of us look bad. Much like this "hoon" saga going around the internet.

I was always a safe driver in my coupe because i was too scared to damage something i loved.