SAU Community

R33 On P100 Fuel

HiveFleetAbyss

Filled up again, 10L per 100km but was $1.71 today.

Well considering my latest fuel economy was 13.99L/100kms and that was $1.69 when i filled it up, in saying so there was a mountain run involved in that tank of fuel. pulled 356kms out of 49.71L that was on V-Powah

Well considering my latest fuel economy was 13.99L/100kms and that was $1.69 when i filled it up, in saying so there was a mountain run involved in that tank of fuel. pulled 356kms out of 49.71L that was on V-Powah

I'll drive this tank really low and see my fuel economy on P100 but I'll fill up with v power and see if my economy gets worse or stays the same.

At the moment I'm not sure if it's the fuel or the brand new CAS that I installed 2 weeks before I started using this different fuel.

I'll drive this tank really low and see my fuel economy on P100 but I'll fill up with v power and see if my economy gets worse or stays the same.

At the moment I'm not sure if it's the fuel or the brand new CAS that I installed 2 weeks before I started using this different fuel.

True, I'm half wondering if my new high flow cat is causeing the jump in fuel useage.

Btw this P100 fuel has up to 10% Ethanol added not 5%.

I'm keen to install my PowerFC again, will be a good way to monitor knock BUT saying that I haven't felt the standard ECU reduce power entering the knock maps....

Just do it Zeke. The poor old Ark is on deaths door but even she runs well on it.

P100 = No engine light, better economy, not running rough

Shell or BP= carries on like the ark

• 4 weeks later...

Car had P100 for happy laps and is going great :D

Did 13L per 100 km from home to happy laps and back.

If I had the money I would get the car tuned on this fuel with the PFC I have sitting around.

Car had P100 for happy laps and is going great :D

Did 13L per 100 km from home to happy laps and back.

If I had the money I would get the car tuned on this fuel with the PFC I have sitting around.

13L:100kms :( better then mine. But you've heard what's going on my end with fuel. I'm getting just under 14L:100kms

I've run P100 in my R34 for about 6 months and had it tuned on it, power went up from 200rwkw to 217.8, not a bad increase seeing as nothing else changed. I generally get between 500-550kms on a tank but that's almost all highway driving. Definitely gives the car more power down low I've noticed too, never going back to 98

Should be perfectly fine, but a good precaution is to change the fuel filter after the first or 2nd tank. This is because ethanol can dissolve some of the gunk built up in the system.

The extra fuel usage would only be 2-3% on closed loop, and essentially nothing on open loop unless you re-tune it slightly. The ethanol content should help in hot weather as a bit of ethanol both boosts octane and broadens the optimum optimum timing point.

I wonder if it is only 100 octane, or 101-102 ?

Should be perfectly fine, but a good precaution is to change the fuel filter after the first or 2nd tank. This is because ethanol can dissolve some of the gunk built up in the system.

The extra fuel usage would only be 2-3% on closed loop, and essentially nothing on open loop unless you re-tune it slightly. The ethanol content should help in hot weather as a bit of ethanol both boosts octane and broadens the optimum optimum timing point.

I wonder if it is only 100 octane, or 101-102 ?

There's reason to believe that it can fluctuate because of how the ethanol reacts. Could be higher, could be lower. From memory, I think that it's a minimum of 100 octane.

Also, you mum. Hehehehe (reference to your signature)

Never tested it, would be interesting to see. The performance difference is considerable, I went back to 98 this week and the car feels like crap.

This would equate to the ethanol burning more efficiently and assisting with the combustion of the petrol. Whilst it's small in what it does, with a car like yours, the change in feel would be remarkable however the actual numbers wouldn't change to much. Also, ethanol would assist with better, cleaner det - important especially on yours.