SAU Community

Bleed Valve Nipple Size?

EarthShore

Hey guys, so in attempt to replicate one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Boost-Pressure-Quick-Tap-Fitting-Kit-Pressure-Source-on-Silicon-Hose-/271274162047?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2933377f&_uhb=1

I went and bought a 1/8" BSP x 3/16" hose male tailpiece.

I got home and saw that the nipple that came off my old intercooler pipe was a fair bit bigger than the one i had bought. My question is; how will it effect the pressure that is sent to my bleed valve?

I mean the hose fits on the brass tailpiece and all.

Kind regards, Simon

so the one you bought is replacing the one on the intercooler piping because you have new piping, correct?

firstly, I am no expert so hopefully someone else can confirm.

I would think it will be fine, as the tee bleed valve i used to use was thinner than the i/c nipple and it had no dramas.

I also am currently running a slightly thinner hose than normal with no problems.

Hey guys thanks for all your responses, it's my first car so I'm still trying to learn a lot about forced inductions :P

@Sklyn Yeah I upgraded my stock intercooler to a front mount intercooler, the front mount didnt have a nipple. Having no welding skills at all, I decided to cut a section of the old intercooler pipe that contained the nipple and attach it to my front mount intercooler piping. A problem with this is that is is unaesthetic as fuark and the silcone hoses are slightly bigger than the stock piping which may or may not leak boost at high psi(not sure). Anyways I'm always looking for smarter and more efficient way to do things so ive decided to tap it at the silicone hose. Thankyou for your response.

@Not a Pulsar Thanks man, actually viewing the quick tap from a rear view I saw how small the restrictor was! I think this one should work fine.

@GTSBoy Sweet as man, I'll be putting it in some time. Cheers.