SAU Community

Swaybar Links

gts032

just wondering how common is it to bend swaybar links,have just done a wheels off inspection of the brakes and suspension and have discovered that ive bent my left front swaybar link.Not sure if track work has done this or if its been done on the f@#!ed brisbane roads.Need to replace asap as got another track day to go to on weekend.ps its an r32., :woot:

My mate has bent one in his S15 i'm pretty sure. You could replace the stock ones with rose joint/pivot ball units which withstand higher loads, but according to him transferred more road noise, no biggie on the track though. Also, prep yourself before asking Nissan Australia for OEM prices, jaws will drop :rolleyes:

where do you get the rose joint ones from,the standard links are way to small for the size of the swaybar so aftermarket ones look like the way to go,i pride myself on having a reliable car,when i find weak links,they are history!!! :action-smiley-069::3some:

You don't want rose jointed ones on a road car; and there's no real need to either.

Grab a set of these; KLC108.
KLC108.jpg

Shedloads larger than OEM; no rattles like Rose Jointed ones.

I can get a really good price on these; shoot me a PM if you like.

Cheers, Dale.

• 2 weeks later...

got a pair of new ones coming,the rubbers were shot and the bracket on the top arm was bent downward,go figure,anyway should be here soon,then i will sign up fro happylaps to test that alls well again.

• 4 weeks later...