SAU Community

Loss Of Power After Coil Pack Change? R34 Gt N/a

Deza3000

Hey guys as the name suggests, was wondering if it was normal to lose power in the high rpm after a coil pack change? The coil packs were atomics, apparently they were as good as spitfires (according to the chart) so my cousin decided to buy it, and the power just dipped every since. We just want confirmation that it was indeed the coilpacks, not something else? To my knowledge dodgy coilpacks usually result in misfires not just loss is performance(without symptoms). We just want confirmation that it actually is the coilpacks, if not what else could it be? Spark plugs have also been changed(pfr5g11).

Cheers

Edited by Deza3000

Weak spark could still be to blame. Aftermarket coilpacks are all shit, including splitfires, and they're very often faulty fresh out of the box.

I would clean or replace the plugs, gap them properly, reset the ecu.

Oh really? yea thats what i thought too, i told him to get genuine nissans but they were 1k, so we just looked for the best alternative, sadly we were too stupid to do adequate research ==' Ill get them changed to factory nissan then, hopefully it makes a difference. ill do exactly what you said, cheers for the advice man!

• 1 month later...

Did you connect the two vacuum lines on the side of the plenum in the right spots. One is for the dual vanes in the intake manifold. If you mix them up the vanes won't open and the car will struggle to rev past 5000rpm. The one that goes to the actuator for the vanes should be closest to the firewall