SAU Community

Head Gasket Choice

juicy3

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if people were using rb30 head gaskets and if they can handle boost very well,
If thats no the best idea, where do you guys get your rb25det head gaskets from?

Reason i ask is because i've got a spare rb30e head gasket spare which i got from autobarn a while

Hey,

Sorry guys, looking for 300rwkw or just under with around 15-18 psi, on e85, just wondering the tolerance of the rb30 head gaskets bare in mind the one I have isn't a genuine Nissan, it's an autobarn replacement

Edited by juicy3

running 20psi for only a few months. Have used one on my old vl turbo for years no drama, was making 280 kw. I can't see how a genuine head gasket can be much better than the acl. On the other hand genuine plenum, exhaust, turbo etc gaskets are heaps better than aftermarket.

I will also add that to be sure when using an mls head gasket you really should have the block face cleaned up, as the gaskets have hardly any room for error, and as I have left my bottom end untouched, I decided on a fibre gasket. Also I have run 9 passes at the drags and on first pass the was audible detonation that wasn't apparent on dyno, and I ignored it for the run and that didn't kill it!