SAU Community

Afr's Rb25Det Neo

Bugzs15

I got my results recently and wanted to confirm if these AFR's are ok.

Car is stock apart from some Jap ECU (Impul) and Cat back exhaust.

Made 150kw and 250 nm

my afr's are as follows:

13:1 @ 2,800rpm @ 6psi

12.5:1 @ 3,500 rpm @ 6psi

12:1 @ 3,750 rpm @ 6 psi

11.5:1 @4,750 @ 6.5psi

11:1 @ 5,100 rpm @ 7psi

10.5:1 @ 6,250 rpm @ 6 psi

150kw @ 5,750rpm

250nm @ 5,250rpm

I wish to put in a bleed valve (GFB) and raise the boost to a constant 7-8psi, with the above AFR's do you think I still have a safety margin.

Car was not detonating on the dyno, i just want to make sure I wont cause issues if I put in an MBC, especially if my boost comes on earlier where i am the leanest with regard to AFR's.

I do have an aftermarket Jap ecu (Impul) which is for 100 octane i think. So by running 98 ron i was cautious and had it Dynoed after turning the boost down from 12psi (set in Japan) to 6-7psi.

Any advice appreciated guys.

It is impossible to say what part of the map will be referenced when you increase the boost. Odds on with a mild increase in boost the map will just get fatter but unless you stick it on the dyno and test it no one is going to know. Why not get the car Nistuned (or decent aftermarket ecu) and get more power and drivability everywhere.

It is impossible to say what part of the map will be referenced when you increase the boost. Odds on with a mild increase in boost the map will just get fatter but unless you stick it on the dyno and test it no one is going to know. Why not get the car Nistuned (or decent aftermarket ecu) and get more power and drivability everywhere.

yeah definitely going to tune it in the future. Just need funds as I just imported the car and also had major service done. Wanted to steady the boost at 7psi but wasn't sure if it's safe to do so as it leans a bit in lower rev range and GFB advertise for their MBC to bring boost on earlier so need to know how safe it is for me to do that. Didn't have a boost controller when it was dynoed so couldn't experiment at the time. Edited by Bugzs15