SAU Community

R34 Gtt Tiptronic Box Problems

BLKYLO

Hey guys!,

lately, my A/T light has been coming on and locking the car in limp mode. To date, resetting the car has solved the problem temporarily, but now the car is stalling in 1st gear when i come to a stop in tiptronic mode 65% of the time.

I have been doing some research and the general consensus is that the solenoid/s have died or developed problems in the gearbox. Is this true?

I havent however been able to find any specific information as to why the car is stalling in the tip-tronic mode. TO be specific I will come to a stop, the car will idle normally for a second and then drop well below 1000 rpm, and unless i plant the anchors on real hard and give it a kick the car will stall.

Im assuming these problems are related, but, im not a mechanic and i dont really know much at all asides from how to drive. So any guru expertise would be amazing and greatly appreciated.

If it is the solenoids, how much are they and where can i get them from?! Mechanics in my area are generrally lasy when it comes to servicing imports.

Thanks in advance for anyones time.

• 10 months later...