SAU Community

Just Got My 350Gt

Hi all . just bought a v35 coupe standard the other day .. and through researching prior to purchasing I lurked this site a little ....

I an the first Aussie owner of this second hand import and I have a couple questions i couldn't find an answer to by searching ..

Mainly .. if I just pull the wires out of the toll card reader and tuck them away will it cause any errors? Or will nothing be affected (aside from the Japanese lady's voice that comes up every time I start the car?

Secondly ,, there is a little sensor (looks aftermarket from japan ) in the centre of my dash up against the front window that looks to me to be a gps antenna ... is that what it is? Is it part of the toll card system and can I use it to connect to an aftermarket HU with gps?

It might be worth mentioning that my car has no screen , already has an aftermarket single din pioneer from japan which I will be swapping with an au aftermarket unit soon..

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Mine already had the toll card reader removed and a standard glove box housing fitted when I bought it (2nd owner in Aust). The only reason I know it had the reader is all the documentation for it was still in the handbook.

It also had a small black square antenna mounted on the dash, hard up against the windscreen. I recently removed it and it was connected to nothing, so I assumed it was the antenna for the Toll card.

isn't that square antenna the sensor for the auto headlights??

Mine wasn't as it wasn't connected to anything. my auto headlights still work fine.

I would have expected the auto headlight sensor is intergrated into the dash? This antenna has been added on top of the dash with its own wiring tucked behind the dash.

hi . I'm not sure I have auto headlights...? Unless there just turned off .. lights don't go on when I drive into the garage like my commodore did .

If you have auto headlights, you need to turn the headlight switch to the first position to put them in 'auto' mode.