SAU Community

Mlr's Nb Mx5

April or May, most certainly.

Is the SSCC web site still alive, I am looking for a renew membership form but cannot find their web page.

I spent a fair while thinking about the vents and ducking last night, I am now hoping to use some dash style vents mounted to some under dash heater ducting or some intake pipe work.

I shall be searching the local car and truck wreckers for some inspiration.

All air-con bits and pieces gonskie, apart from the air-con electric fan which will be utilized as a extra cooling fan when I'm stuck in traffic or after some hot laps.

The fan will come on/off when I hit the air-con button on the dash, I still need to bridge out some connections though, just need some wire and a terminal to earth it.

This also turned up today, I will prep and paint it this weekend then fit it next week.

Sweet

Who built the roll bar?

MX5 Plus in Queensland.

Installed it today, soft top now lives in storage, it was tricky to because it was done without the aid of beer.

Aircon switch now only turns on fan to aid in cooling when required.

post-52431-0-88181400-1392451945_thumb.jpg

MX5 Plus in Queensland.

Installed it today, soft top now lives in storage, it was tricky to because it was done without the aid of beer.

Aircon switch now only turns on fan to aid in cooling when required.

Cams approved?

It can be, I didn't bother as I will only be doing sprints and will not be getting log booked anyway and it will stay road rego'ed, but the added benefit of the MX5 Plus one is it legal for a road rego'ed car in Queensland as their rules and regs state that the cage/roll bar cannot use the standard seat belt mounting points to bolt down the roll bar if you still want to use the standard 3 point in its original position, where as some of the other styles do, NSW doesn't have these rules and regs though (yet), but at least if I end up in Queensland on a trip or for work it will be compliant..

It even has a nice little plaque with a part number and serial number which states its compliance which matches the serial number stamped on the bar itself.

It also comes with sticker with "don't drill or weld" and also states that "Should this ROPS be involved in an accident or roll over, the registered owner should have it inspected immediately", LOL, I'm sure getting it inspected will be my main priority if it ends up on its roof.......

Nice upgrade Mark, finally you will get some quality track time.

Some questions though....

1) Why a stock car and not 1 of the many MX-5's already track modified?

2) Why a NB over the newer NC?

3) Would an MX-5 be a better option than an S2000?

Nice upgrade Mark, finally you will get some quality track time.

Some questions though....

1) Why a stock car and not 1 of the many MX-5's already track modified?

2) Why a NB over the newer NC?

3) Would an MX-5 be a better option than an S2000?

Thanks mate, hopefully it will be less of a headache than the Skyline.

1) a lot of the modified cars were infairly poor condition, and the good ones cost more, plus this was cheap which allowed me to upgrade with new parts and not pay for old aftermarket stuff.

2) price

3) don't know about either being a better platform than the other but the Honda costs a bucket more.

Looking Good Mark... now I believe there is a Roll bar.. lol

I love the idea of and Hard Top and keep watching them for sale but I love the convertivble aspect of the car (plus it is the only way to keep the heat down).

I just fitted QFM A1RM pads with DBA T2 4000 rotors. I am a happy boy so far.

Also just ordered new tyres, Federal 595RSR to fit on the stock 15 inch wheels.

Removed the tie down points on the front and installed a tow hook, I need to get some longish bolts to install the rear tow hook so its off to Bunnings tomorrow.

The tow hooks looks slightly more hectic than I hoped but meh, they were cheap..

Also tightened down the hard top where the Frankenstein bolts are, yay, no more rattling on rough (Sydney) roads, only problem was that the screw that locks the top of the mount was seized and I needed to drill them out to get to the bolts that let you adjust it, all good now though.

Also cleaned out 11ty gazillion leaves from the inner guards, no rust though so I'm happy.

The new boss kit arrived but I'm still waiting on the wheel to turn up.

Note to self: By some vinegar to make some anti fog stuff for the windows.

good progress!

Mark, just been advised that the first SSCC sprint is actually on the 23rd March and not the 16th.

Im going to the 23rd.

sweet, I still have a few things to get sorted but it should be workable.

Use about 100 ml of vinegar, pour it into 1 litre of hot (50 to 70 deg water) then wipe it onto the windows with a cloth (micro fibre works best).

Should keep the windows fog free for a week or two.

If it don't work use a bit more vinegar.

Clean the window good first.

I got this from Googling and it worked a treat when the old Skylines aircon wasn't working.

Fitted the rear tow hook today, its not optimum but as long as the recovery angle is less than about 30deg it should be fine and no panel damage will ensue.

Stupid work has been stupid, I've been to busy to renew some membership and CAMS stuff, will attempt to get this done over the next day or two, I actually now have a fixed time line, sweet.

All I need to do is get some new brake pads, get the discs skimmed and find a oil cooler and filter relocate kit over the next month and I think I will be happy enough to track it, after another full service of course.

I am still hunting the local auctions for a stupid cheap Series 2 NB write off to rape for parts and stuff, you never know when you need a new engine, gear box, brakes, panels other assorted consumable stuff. LOL.

Also, I'm a big fan of the hard top, its so much quieter now, and security is x 100, plus I think it looks 100 x better, only issue is airflow but I've been brain storming and I think I can get it sorted with a couple of vents like on the dash fitted to the top section of the rear parcel shelf and some ducting pipe, if I had a bigger budget I would look for a MX5 coupe.

Bring on Lotto.

And everyone can stop looking now because I found my 10mm spanner, it was in the kitchen...........................next to the rum...................

• Like 1

Chris, can you drop the link in here or PM me it, I didn't get to check my emails at work today, I'm financial now with SSCC but need the link to who ever is running it so I can pay my $175 before the 23rd and get all the bonus stuff.

Love you long time.