SAU Community

Side Molding Removal

Griff_NM35

Hi everyone,

Longer time lurker here, been searching and reading everything in sight in relation to stageas.

Recently bought a blue 2002 m35 250t rs four with 52000km.

I am looking at removing the plastic grey side moldings, are they just double sided tape that needed to be heated and peeled off or are there holes and grommets?

Thanks!

Welcome Giff.

There shouldn't be any plastic grey moulding a on the wheel arches ( if that's what your referring to.) on the 250t rs-four stagea as only the AR-X crossover variants have them.

But in regards to removing them they have plastic clips underneath that are very brittle I would be gentle taking them off as they break easily.

Good luck with them bud.

on NM35 doors there are lots of rectangle holes, 2 or 3 also have the front fender.

so you have to weld em)

i got them painted, but still want to remove

8c22e7u-960.jpg

cecc14u-960.jpg

Edited by Erop

it is easy to remove - just use plastic tools like this :klyuchi-dlya-magnitoly-jpg.jpg

the fasteners have "locks", but i don't remember, should you put in from bottom. or from top, unfortunately

use aerowarmer, it's best friend in such deals - never break once plactic is warmed.

it you don't have garage's one, take wife's, until she doesn't know))) :whistling: