SAU Community

Urgent 350Gt Questions

Hoping for some quick responses as I'm about to pull the pin on a 2004 Dec build series 2 GT350 sedan this week and have some final questions I have not been able to resolve by reading everything on this site (or maybe I missed it !)

1. Immobiliser
This car has no additional immobilser that I can see other than the factory standard. Others cars I have looked at have aftermarket immobilisers.
So does this mean this car has been properly complied ? Will this be an issue with comprehensive insurance ? I'm 43yo with life rating one so any recommendations in Vic I've called around the majors and looking at around $1100-1200

2. Tyres
Its still fitted with the Japanes tyres it came in with still (215/55r17). I'm looking at putting 225/50r17 on it (will keep the series 2 rims quiet happy with the look of them) but are there any reasons I should stick with the factory spec size ?

3. Cameras
This car has both rear and front side cameras fitted to the nav system. I have no idea what use the front side cameras are but my concern is they will be taking up an input/av slot in the nav/tv system so will this mean there are no further input slots for an aux input for an ipod or hard drive mp3 player ?

4. Pedals
Series 1 had the slotted sports accelerator/brake pedals which I liked - is it possible to fit these to the series 2 ?

1. Crap compliance. Some people tend to get around it with a clause tying the vehicles system to a murano which its not.

It should have been done.

2. That's not legal. They NEED to be done.

3. No. That has a dedicated input.

4. Unsure.

The front cameras are called T-junction camera. Factory option. Its when you pull upto a T-intersection but your view of oncoming traffic is obstructed by cars/buildings, you just poke your nose out and it will come up as a split view on the nav screen.

Thats what they do. BMW made i big thing out of it on their current shape 7 series having this feature. Pretty clever.

Tks Howaitonaito I can sort of see the logic but I think I'd be more likely to edge out eyes up and then gun it when I see a break than try and look at the screen....will try it and let you know....

1. RACV website gives an online quote with check boxes to indicate the alarm/immob options and there is a setting for nothing other than factory standard so this is what I will be using. With $1k excess it comes down to around $990 for me which is less than what I thought I'd pay

2. Have sourced some top end 225/50R17s shouldn't throw the speedo/odom out too much

3. Good to hear, do those FM exapanders on ebay from NZ work ? Easy to install ?

4. Pedals, its cosmetic only of course, some on ebay for about $120 from the US will order some and hope they fit ok

I ran 235/45/17 once. when i do 100kph its actually 105-107 on my speedo. now on my 19's 245/35 I do that on 110kph lol. the benefit is that when i hit a speed camera if i sit around or just over the speed limit i still know im under.

well with the 235/45/17 already its already out by a few lol.

Comparing 215/55R17 to 225/50R17 the difference is sfa - rolling circumference is 2038mm to 2003mm so less than 2kmh indicated difference.

245/35R19 is 1995mm would throw it out by a fair margin ;)

Well after driving around in the Skyline for two days I'm pretty happy - it drives n i c e

I'm certain the 76k kms are genuine as the filter sticker in the glovebox in indicates it was 46k at changeover and there are some japanese stickers in the doorwell that to me appear to be some kind of export confirmation stickers and they indicate 63k kms. I know the people I bought it off had it just over a year and used it as the wife's get-the-kids-to-school car (really) so all those things lead me to believe the odometer.

Stereo works but the cd skips on some cds and doesnt read some burnt cds so I'm looking at running a cable from the tuner in the boot to the centre console and have an old samsung galaxy tab which fits perfectly in the center storage box so I'm thinking I'll dump all my cds into that as a music player and can still use the sat nav it has which uses the gps....

Will this give me the pin code in case I ever need new keys ?

tn_gallery_132639_5600_107238.jpg