SAU Community

Rb25/30 Engine Package, Exhaust Haltech Ecu + More

Trying to gauge some interest in my motor, not sure what its worth so im trying to sell it for less than half of what ive put into it.

Engine is Non turbo, Has RB30block with JUN oil pump and crank collar, just installed, havent done more than 200kms on it. RB25de Pistons with stock rods, Fully balanced bottom end. The head is a RB25 turbo VCT head with reground cams and oversize valves and some minor headwork done before i bought it. the engine has been rebuild and is no more than 1000-2000 km old. Has a twin throttle body intake with progressive style throttles. this has cost me over $10k

Haltech PS 1000 will be included as will be all wiring, so essentially you bolt in and go.

Will come with the custom made extractors and race pipe, these extractors were made to suit the motor, completley custom cost around $4000 if i recall correctly. they were made in the VL commodore so they will clear the skyline as the VL is more tighter. will come with the 3" side pipe which was another $500

Ill throw in the gearbox, just a standard MX5 manual with an excedy heavy duty clutch put in with new engine, so again 1000-2000kms done on it too.

There may be more ive forgotten to add. if any questions feel free to PM me.

Price $8000 neg. Car makes around 210kw at the engine so the same as a new commodore to compare and around 350nm. Located in sydney.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You mentioned you are trying to sell for less than half of what you put into it.

I'm really curious why you would sink so much money into the engine, when it really makes hardly any power?

I understand that some people want to be different, but was there any other goal? Eg particular race class that the engine would fit into?

My mate had his SV6 dynoed at the same place, he has a exhaust and CAI - and just over 30% loss was calculated. and im pretty sure i remember them saying is a 30% loss roughly depending on car. its a HUB dyno. I was hoping it would be a good allrounder on the track but you really need to rev its tits off to get it to go.... in a street car it would be mad fun, take it to the drags it pulls 14 seconds flat. i havent done better....just not trackable how it is. if it doesnt sell soon ill probably turbo it. ill see what happens first