SAU Community

Heeeelp!!!

SKYNUTS

Just got pulled over by an unmarked copper, gave me an epa for my blow off , boost gfb adjust valve and my intercooler.. He didnt say anything bout my exhaust and fuel pump cos my engine was off at that time but they are FREAKING loud... Wat should i do man. I also have a through cat..... Crap!!!

Anyone at all pls advice... thanks

what advice do u want?? those bits are illegal and u got done for them...its tuff but thats the way it goes. pay the fine and convert it back to stock pass the test and bolt(hide) the bits back on after and take another chance on the roads...those are ur choices i guess.

did u also have a pod cause i think ur only allowed one intake mod so u can either have an i/c or a pod but not both. im assuming u did with those mods:D:D

it is obvious by now that if u have an import with mods and u live in vic, u will get done:D didnt u get the panphlet in the letterbox?? j/k:D

as sed above dude

theres no way to fight it

change it bak to stock if you can and pass the epa

then if i think i can get away with it change it back

this is the gauntlet that we run

Guest INASNT

If you have pod take it off, then you can leave the fmic (1 intake mod allowed), take off the bleeder and bov, get the roadworthy and then put it all back on coz that the only way to drive an import in victoria.

haha, I'm one of the victim also. Got the EPA letter 2 days ago and ask me to do the test on mid July in Macleod. Busy to find the stock ECU at the moment.

As above guys said, find all the stock stuff, put it back and pass the test. Sell your BOV, cos except for the sound, the stock one can do the same thing as the aftermarket does. (The stock BOV can hold up to 1.2~1.5 bar I think? correct me if I was wrong).

I read some thread said they pass the Epa test with their fake cat. Don't know U can make it or not. But if the EPA find out that. they will charge U more.

One more thing, if U drive a non-stock skyline in Vic. Prepare some more money each yr. Not for car insurence. Is for the canary. :D

Guest INASNT
haha, I'm one of the victim also. Got the EPA letter 2 days ago and ask me to do the test on mid July in Macleod. Busy to find the stock ECU at the moment.

As above guys said, find all the stock stuff, put it back and pass the test. Sell your BOV,  cos except for the sound, the stock one can do the same thing as the aftermarket does. (The stock BOV can hold up to 1.2~1.5 bar I think? correct me if I was wrong).

I read some thread said they pass the Epa test with their fake cat. Don't know U can make it or not. But if the EPA find out that. they will charge U more.

One more thing, if U drive a non-stock skyline in Vic. Prepare some more money each yr. Not for car insurence. Is for the canary. :D

I wouldnt risk a fake cat with a full epa test coz a proper cat gets to an operating temperature and holds that temp. The epa use a probe on the cat to test temperature, if the cats guttered they will know from the different temperature reading they will get.

SKYNUTS don't even bother trying to pass an EPA test with no cat... the fine is something like $2000? (I'm sure someone will know the exact amount)

Got the EPA letter 2 days ago and ask me to do the test on mid July in Macleod.  

Read the fine print.... if you live more than 40k's away from the testing centre, you can get an exemption. :D

Read the fine print,

55A. Authority may require vehicle or ship to be made available for testing

(1) The Authority may by notice in writing served upon any person being the registered owner of or apparently in lawful possession of any vehicle or ship require him to make the vehicle or ship available as required by the notice for the making of any inspection measurement or test by an authorized officer in order to determine whether the vehicle or ship complies with any provision of this Act.

(2) Any such notice shall state the time (being in the case of a new vehicle not less than seven days and in the case of any other vehicle or a ship not less than fourteen days after the time at which the notice is served) and the place (being, in the case of a vehicle other than a vehicle intended for sale as a new vehicle not more than 50 kilometres from the address at which the vehicle is registered in the case of a ship ordinarily kept afloat at some place, that place, and in the case of any other ship, not more than 50 kilometres from the place at which the ship is ordinarily kept travelling by a convenient route and using suitable means) at which the vehicle or ship is to be made available and the period (being, in the case of a vehicle intended for sale as a new vehicle, forty-eight hours, and in the case of any other vehicle one hour, and in the case of a ship, three hours) for which it is to be required.

no luck for me the act is 55A(1) not 55A(2). :D

As above guys said, find all the stock stuff, put it back and pass the test. Sell your BOV,  cos except for the sound, the stock one can do the same thing as the aftermarket does. (The stock BOV can hold up to 1.2~1.5 bar I think? correct me if I was wrong).

I'm just wondering....what if i drive my QLD registered Skyline in VIC...does the rule still affect me????

i never heard of EPA thing in QLD...so i ask...

no luck for me the act is 55A(1) not 55A(2). :D

um.. it's all the same act. :D

part one tells you that they can serve you, and part 2 tells you your obligations.

yes no?

Nismo32R they could serve you with a notice, but if the car is registered in QLD, you wouldn't have to have it tested (according to what pawson just posted)

From the front page of the EPA letter, I MUST take the vehicle to the test. Didn't said anything about 55A(2).

Anyway, put the cat back matt. Save the environment and your health. While stop on traffic, U will breath in the carbon monoxide if U don't have the cat.

From the front page of the EPA letter, I MUST take the vehicle to the test. Didn't say anything about 55A(2).

Anyway, put the cat back matt. Save the environment and your health. While stop on traffic, U will breath in the carbon monoxide if U don't have a cat.

Just got pulled over by an unmarked copper, gave me an epa for my blow off , boost gfb adjust valve and my intercooler.. He didnt say anything bout my exhaust and fuel pump cos my engine was off at that time but they are FREAKING loud... Wat should i do man. I also have a through cat..... Crap!!!

Anyone at all pls advice... thanks

u could sell da skyline and buy a vl turbo... but u still might get pulled ova dats da only problem... but it would still be quicker den da skyline

SKYNUTZ, i just went down to EPA. For noise levels, pop on a stock cat and stock cat back exhaust - this will clock in 85dB so you will pass by 5dB.

For emissions, i failed because my O2 sensor is stuffed, so the car is running rich. Indications that your o2 is stuffed is crap mileage out of a full tank - i was getting 200km outta full tank, even driving like a grandma chewed. Also if your blowing a bit of black smoke - excess unburned fuel because ur car is running too rich. Make sure you are running an intact CAT aswell!

Intercooler or Air pod - one or the other, not both.

BOV - i went down running no bov, they said i must have the stock one connected even though i'm not running any bov and no gas is being vented externally....stupid. Run a stocker to save trouble.

Boost controllers - take out the solenoid from under the bonnet, they will check panels etc looking for boost controller. I had my sard trigger disconnected tucked away near the fuse panel on drivers side, i have to take it out now before going back again.

ECU's - they unplug your AFM, if you are running a standalone ecu then the car wont turn off.

Basically if you dont want to have to go back to EPA for a second visit make sure you address all these points.

Hope this helps.