SAU Community

Hello From Townsville Qld

Hi guys, I've done it again. Gone and bought myself a skyline. My old r33 was sold a few years back to make way for a hsv grange but since then I've come to realise the error of my ways and have just bought a series 1 R33. For quite a good price I might add. This car has been bastardised ALOT! It has bits missing off it (like the emissions section and the a/c) and needs a lot of things replaced but the body is straight with very minimal rust which is a great sign. First on the list is a new turbo, Inter cooler and heater hoses as well as exhaust manifold gaskets.

One other annoying part to this car is that the boot lock is missing and the cable isn't connected properly so that's a job for next weekend..... Maybe I might be small enough to fit through the gap? Maybe lol

Anyways, looking forward to chatting with everyone.

post-134473-0-56529400-1399192002_thumb.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum. Great to hear you are focussing on the necessary performance upgrades before fiddling with the nitpicky emissions and AC. Good luck with the build.

Thanks Loach. Yeah well I believe I have to put the carbon canister in for the roadworthy and as far as a/c is concerned I may as well do that at the same time as it's all in that area. I took the top radiator hose off tonight and it is so rusted up top of the manifold. Good news is though is that it appears to be a fairly new radiator on it so I won't have to replace that for a while.

I have also discovered a spaghetti mess of wiring under the steering column and where the head unit hoes so that might also be a next weekend job to tidy that up. I spent most of today removing the carbon fibre contact that was held on by contact adhesive :/ it was all over the interior. Gah!

In saying that. I think I might start a thread on all of this so everyone else can laugh at my misfortune of fixing up previous owners work....