SAU Community

Rb30Det Refusing To Run Smoothly!

It revs very easily. No hesitating or backfiring or anything. Revs as easy as most other rb's I've had.

Only thing is when you rev it and hold at a specific rpm it still has the miss as it does at idle (just faster of course)

Re done the wiring today and I've got the same result as before.

I have tried a few tps just to make sure it's not that. It originally had a s1 tps, which we swapped for a s2 at the tuner and I've since replaced that tps with another s2.

The only other thing I can think of now is the valves. Highly unlikely but would this be happening if say because the place that re-cond the head didn't adjust the valves properly on cylinders 1 and 6 making them too tight or something? Resulting in them not fully closing?

I don't know. Might try another cas. This would be my 4th

is the tps set correctly?.....has your injector latency been set correctly? my injectors would not idle and missfire when i don't have the injector latency set correctly.

At 100psi compression it would be struggling to idle , have u checked cams position to make sure one isn't out a tooth can be tricky to set up at times ,in turn would give u low comp accross all 6 cyl ..... Because 100psi works out to be around the low 6.0 in comp ratio, witch is very low ....

Sorry I didn't read earlier post properly did it have 100psi only on 1 an 6 cyl when u did the comp test if so get ready for a build it will more than Likely be the ring lands broken .. That's my two cents anyways