SAU Community

#8 Sydney Skyline Cruise - Wiseman's Ferry [ The Re-Do ]

smiik33

Hello again my fellow skyline enthusiasts. Some of you may know that the last cruise I organized to Wiseman's Ferry didn't end up going through due to lack of numbers as several other car events were coincidentally on the same day (annoying!).

For those that did show up that day (Pete, Sam, Danny and Andrew), I appreciate the enthusiasm and I'm sorry for the let down but I'm not giving up! This is the official re-do to Wiseman's Ferry!

We all know that our turbo cars love the cold so consider this drive a celebration of the last day of winter!

#8 cruise is as follows:

Meeting point:

31st of August, 9:45am at Thornleigh Maccas being ready to depart at 10:30am sharp

Series of events:

We will be traveling up the M1 exiting on Peats Ridge Road. For those that would have forgotten to fill up, there is a Caltex just before our 1st stop at the springs where we will take 15 min for a photo shoot.

Continuing up Peats Ridge Road, we'll almost immediately make a left onto George Downes Drive which we'll follow through until we turn left onto Wiseman's Ferry Road. Fairly straight forward once we're here until we get to my surprise turn off. We will be making an extra special stop for another photo shoot that I have organized which I am sure everyone will be very appreciative of the efforts I've gone through. DO NOT BE ALARMED, THERE ARE NO OFF ROAD SECTIONS AS I HAVE LEARNED FROM MY PREVIOUS CRUISE. ALL DRIVING WILL BE CARRIED OUT ON SEALED NSW ROADS.

Once we're all done with the photo shoot, we'll continue along Wiseman's Ferry Road right down to the ferry itself, cross over and make another stop a few hundred metres ahead on the left on the grass field (parking lot and limited street parking nearby for those not wanting to park on grass). Anyone wanting to eat is more than welcome to join us at Wiseman's Ferry Inn for lunch. TO BE EXTRA CONSIDERATE FOR PEOPLE WITH LOW CARS AND/OR FRONT LIPS, I'LL BE MAKING SURE ITS HIGH TIDE AND ADVISING ACCORDINGLY JUST SO NO ONE SCRAPES =)

On this side of the ferry the road becomes Old Northern Road. After lunch we'll travel along Old Northern Road right through to Dural where it joins onto New Line Road, following New Line Road to the end where we'll turn left onto Pennant Hills Road.

Ending point:

We'll coast along Pennant Hills Road where we'll finish up at the parking lot of Carlingford Court located at the corner of Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road.

PLEASE NOTE:

I have completed a scout cruise of exactly what has been detailed above to get a better understanding of the drive and will be doing another one closer to the date. There are no issues with the route planned whatsoever except for a few uneven surfaces which we'll compromise with driving 10 - 20km under the limit. A more detailed description of the drive will be given on the day at the meeting point.

Remember to spread the word out as this will be a fantastic day!

PM me on here or text me on 0433396407 for more information.

Thanks

Danny

• Like 1

We're meant to have a new manager starting soon so I'd say I'm pretty confident of making this one. I'll even try not to do night shift on Saturday haha

Good to hear Brennan, will hopefully see you there then

Hey Danny. Big props for organizing this. Just wondering how long u anticipate the trip to take? My bday is on Monday so looking forward to beers in the arvo wit mates. Sadly they arnt car ppl. Would also love to attend this however.

Hey Danny. Big props for organizing this. Just wondering how long u anticipate the trip to take? My bday is on Monday so looking forward to beers in the arvo wit mates. Sadly they arnt car ppl. Would also love to attend this however.

We're looking at an all day thing. Probably expect to finish around 3. Hope that helps

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• He could just take the Bogan Cruise Ships setup... Already got a good setup, with blower, the auto was rebuilt too wasn't it? Perfect time for him to upgrade the tailshaft, diff, and axles...    And wouldn't need to waste money on redoing the Commos seats, as he could just buy race seats for the 5...   As a highly modded car he could avoid the ability to give it away to offspring too when they crash their cars...
    • It's really interesting how much it's moving left to right, and doesn't appear to be actually spreading. For this to be moving left to right, without flaring, means unequal forces being applied until equilibrium hits in one way or another.   Reasons it could be unequal; Piston sizes left to right are different sizes. Only minute differences. Pistons moving on different planes. That is, are they moving directly straight at each other, or slightly out of alignment. The fluid is restricted getting to one side.   Some tests you could do. Pull the bleeders on the left and right, fit each side with pressure gauges. It will allow you to make sure pressure is equal (and really, it should be as fluid flow is so damn low, so fluid flow dynamics shouldn't come into it).   With the calipers off the car, have both sides retracted as far as possible, measure very very accurately (think micrometre) distances between opposing pistons in four different spots per set of pistons. Firstly, on each opposing pistons pair, the measures on for different spots should be equal. If it's not, and especially if one spot appears to actually get closer compared to another, the pistons aren't aligned, and now the forces left to right won't be equal, as they're the forces fighting each other.   You can also pull all the pistons out, and very very accurately measure the diameter of them. If they're not equal left to ight in the pairings, and especially if the area of the pistons on one side is different to the area on the other overall, it'll all be out of whack.   My bet, is shit QC in making sure the pistons move in the same plane left vs right. Some minor out of square machining, and nothing will line up, things will want to move around.  
    • Whilst putting a V8 in a MX5 would be fun, it would negate the whole cheap to run fun daily that the MX5 will be used for If I wanted a faster little convertible I would have got a engine check light, I mean a BMW Z4 M, but going off the issues that the guy at work who recently got one is having, it is lucky I didn't  Meh, horses for courses, the Bogan Cruise Ship is my go to for some horse torques    
    • I reckon give him a few months, LSX swap would be good
    • Mark needs to get bored at work and order things on here...