SAU Community

Any Directimported.com Customers? How Are They? Trustworthy?

ifixedit

hi

i want to import a skyline,

I have a question about the importers, directimported.com

any good?, trust worthy?

http://www.directimported.com/importing-to-australia.php

Please let me know how they are.

I would want a car imported from Japan to australia, and would want them to handle everything.

thankyou

Edited by ifixedit

Never heard of them

But would recommend iron chef

I my self in a few months am looking to use them to import a r34 gtr

Have great history, never heard of any one having a bad experience .

There is also a forum on here that list importers that people have used and might help you find a decent honest buissness .

I checked the site you provided and it's my opinion after looking at their vehicles, in particular the half dozen R32 Vspec II's, that they are NOT trustworthy

one example: http://www.directimported.com/car-profile.php?make=Nissan&model= Skyline Gt-r V Spec Ii&year=1994&vid=126# (copy past link into browser)

57000kms - yeah right

All the cars listed on our site are from dealers in Japan we stopped holding stock a quite few years ago. If you are interested in these cars in our dealer stock i need to contact them and we are only buying to order in the current market mainly for high end cars, Australia is no longer our main market. Although i am Australian and living and working in Japan, im one of the last Australians left in japan doing so as full time bussiness.

Chances are a lot of people who have bought off J-spec and Iron chef over the years have bought cars through our services in Japan (did you ever wonder who was doing the work in Japan) we really only concentrated on supplying our regular dealers and brokers and regular importers.

I have been Exporting and importing since 1997 i do not promote my services to private people in australia any longer. but im happy to help anyone who has any enquiry.

Regards, Phil

I couldn't tell you how many cars I've imported through Phil directly for myself or for friends. Always reliable, always trustworthy and completely up front. I've been dealing with Phil for 11 years now. Given the amount of vehicles I've purchased it's inevitable there will be a hiccup somewhere, on these occasions Phil has rectified them quickly and painlessly.

Sinister32, I'd suggest you retract your comment.

I haven't dealt with Iron Chef personally but have heard good things about them.

I have obviously offended with my comment. To make it clear to OP I have not dealt with DirectImports or Phill. It appears from the post above that BWCW has and is happy with the service provided.

I have heard nothing but good things re Iron Chef. Again I have not used his service, yet.

However In my opinion the Vspec II's and in particular the link posted in my previous post - it is still my opinion that vehicle, due to the visual condition, has either Travelled ALOT more than 57000kms

or has been extremely poorly treated for the said 57000kms. (added) if proven to be legitimate KM's.

If it looks to me like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck - then I will still call it a duck.

Appologies for the "NOT trustworthy" . The Vspecs II's in my opinionion are questionable and I would seek irrefutable evidence if I was purchasing.

My Job is to ensure the vehicles found in japan are acurately checked for authentication. if that Vspec2 walks like a duck and quacks like a duck that will be the report i will give.

As i mentioned before there are all dealer cars advertised in japan i have no control over there claims or specs provided, but if you become inteested in any vehicle thats where i go to work and check the authenticiy of each vehicle and this is done hands on in Japan not from a desk in Australia reliying on 3rd party inspections. we do our own inspections in japan.