SAU Community

Happy Laps - Queensland Raceway 07-12-14

Cadmoon

Event:
Happy Laps - Queensland Raceway
Description:
A chance to get out on track for a fun cruise and have some om nom noms! Bit of spirited driving is allowed but it is still an event on a race track so a few rules need to be followed (see below). Also if you have not done QR before this is your ticket in to Lakeside.
Date:
Sunday the 7th of December.
Time:
7:00 AM Arrival
Cost:
$35 for members and guests of members
$50 for non members
Please note that this is a per person cost, any passengers etc are required to pay as well.
Requirements:
1. QR have a minimum age of 12 for passengers.
2. No overtaking in the first 2 laps.
3. The overtaking car is responsible for completing the overtaking move safely.
4. Overtaking is only permitted on straights, unless clearly waved passed by the car in front.
5. Overtaking move must be completed well before the end of the straight, and the car being overtaken must be given plenty of room.
6. Cars should not be more than 2 abreast at any point on the track.
7. Be aware of cars around you, in front and behind (and beside when being overtaken).
8. Do not assume that the car in front of you knows you are there.
QR RULES

10. There is to be no racing

11. The straights are speed limited to 120km/h

12. Any car that goes off the track will be pulled off

13. There is not to be more than 1 sec of tyre smoke.

14. There are to be no helmets

15. Vehicles must have current registration and number plates are not to be obscured in anyway

Payment Details:

Name: Skylines Australia Queensland Club

Bank: Westpac

BSB: 034 063

ACC: 354012

PAYMENT REFERENCE: Username&HappyLaps

Attendees:
  1. Cadmoon +1
  2. gts032 +1
  3. Sho Pi
  4. sneaky pete
  5. AndrewK34
  6. pretX

will pay this week mike,cheers,hope theres more than just you and me out there smashing it,otherwise may have to change the club name to sometimes skylines australia,sometimes cant be stuffed.lol.

• Like 1

be nice to catch up with you one more time this year on the track andrew,will see you at auto one this weekend anyway. :)

Yes, will catch up this week end, I will met you at the BP.

And yes all good for happy laps, coming home Saturday night, yippee.

• 2 weeks later...

and then there were 5 keen skyline owners willing to take it to the evos that will be there as not enough members from sau can be stuffed to do the LAST SAU happy laps for the year.looks like most skylines are going from race breed,to shed kept. :(:(:(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Been poking around on the new to me car. I've determined that I have a Kakimoto exhaust from at least the downpipe back (I haven't confirmed the downpipe yet). It has a catalytic converter. Other than the company branding on the exhaust tip, I can only find one other marking. Behind the cat and under the car is a plate that has the numbers "NF307FP" and "M11111". Unfortunately, the Kakimoto website is written in Japanese and my browser won't translate it. I found that Nengun sells the brand, but my exhaust doesn't look like their current offering. They do indicate that each pipe is custom made, but I assume that's more of an inventory control thing than some sort of special, vehicle specific tuning. Anyone have a guess about what I have here? I'm getting ready to throw some dollars at tuning this car, but want to make good decisions. No reason to throw out a perfectly good exhaust system, if this thing will equal a full custom build.
    • Congrats on the progress. That's got to feel good to get the build done/mostly done. Now that you're this deep into it, I'm curious if you'd do it again versus finding a 5MT from the get go?
    • G.G.C. (Gibier German Cook) restaurant in Motomachi in Kobe: A tiny 2 floor restaurant that was founded in 1976. The original couple who owned/ran it retired and sold the business to a corporation who pretty much tried to keep it the same as it was.  Lots of lesser known (to me anyway) German beers available.  Venison with vegetables. The meat came from deer from Hokkaido. The chef told us that there's a whole industry around the use of all parts of the deer from the antlers to the hooves. Sure enough, directly accross the street from this restaurant is a shop that sells all manner of utensils, clothes and objet d'art all made from deer skin, bones and horns.... also owned by the same corporation. The venison was super tender 😋 Various decorations, a lot of which were quite old, no doubt from the original owners. A nice pilsner too which I'd never seen before.  It's well worth a visit but check the opening hours, they're closed on Wednesdays, only open 11:30am - 3pm on Mondays and Tuedays, 11:30am-3pm for lunch and 5pm-11:30pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 11:30am-3pm and 5pm-9pm on Sundays. Last order is 30mins before close.
    • Yep around 2m long or thereabouts.  I made another post in the photo diaries 17 years later lol. I swear it has not been that long!
    • Full results via link below https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inu1mRRO0WjV2-3vGYsjnmYggVOzmApWOby68GwPGcI/edit?usp=sharing