SAU Community

Rb26 Oil Restriction Oil Cooler Lines

Tabs

rb26 oiling question
i recent brought over my oil cooler and lines from my gtr in NZ ( in my suitcase lol ) for my gtr here it already had a remote oil filter kit, i didnt pay to much attention and the remote kit was dash 10 lines and fittings and the oil cooler was dash 12.
i had to get a custom 45degree fitting made up to use a reducer just on the remote filter head to make it all fit! been in the car now about 700kms and oil pressure is good \ normal ( stock gauge ) but i was concerned about the flow restriction of the custom made fitting by a hydraulic mob i can fit a threaded M8 bolt in the hole with about a extra 0.5mm either side . i drive it hard have a gt35r and going to a to4z. the dash 10 fittings into the block and filter head have a small restriction as well but not that small.
Do you guys think this is too small??? as we all know rb's love thier oil.

post-97292-0-80251600-1419680878_thumb.jpg

post-97292-0-28677000-1419680991_thumb.jpg

the female thread in the filter head and plate on the block are m16 1.5, the ID of the male fitting that go into this tread must be around 11-12mm? ( can measure in a day or 2 )
would this be too small as well???

Should i just go AN12 with the larger lines to suit the whole way????

( looking at getting a large oil accumulator soon too )

thanks in advance once again!

Edited by Tabs

Without knowing what sandwhich plate you have/how it works, I dont want to say that im right but are you sure the restrictors arent there to keep some oil not flowing through the engine rather then trying to push it all through the cooler.

I know mine does a similar thing with the thermostat in it so was just thinking something similar is going on

Not real sure but just an idea. Seems odd they would have a restrictor for no reason