SAU Community

Rb30/26 Oil Control.

Tumic

Before anyone chops my head off i just want to say that i have used the search function AND google.

I have a few questions now directely aimed to the guys who have done it/uses it on their engines, not to the guys "who have heard a guy who did it once"

First question: size of oil restrictors? I will be running a N1 pump with billet gears reving 7500-8000rpm.

I have read that with a N1 pump you use 1mm restrictors and a block off at the 26 engine if you use it for circuit/drift.

But as the 30 dont have oil squirters i wounder IF that makes any difference in choosing restrictor size?.

Second question: drilling the oil return galleries in head and block? I have read that some recommend it and i saw that RIPZ dont, so how many of you have done it? Is it worth it or will it just cause more blowby to rise up that way and block the oil off as RIPZ claimed?

1.2 to 1mm oil restrictors depending on oil weight, oil pump and what your planning to do with the engine.

If its a RB30 block with a 26 head you need to block off the other oil port like on the 26 block.

Restictor size has no relation to squirters, im using Nitto rods which oil out of the big ends in the rods.

Ive drilled my returns to 10mm on my RB30.

You want bigger returns to reduce the amount for blowby pushing the oil back up, smaller returns means more air working to oil back up.