SAU Community

EOI: GTR R33 Series 3

• 3 weeks later...
Look at your seat's highlights... if they are pink then you are series 3.

There are other things, but that is the simplest.

So Series 2 have the blue highlights? i thought the face lift in 97 was the only change in series and that's when they changed from blue to pink seats, xenon lights, thicker front lip, etc.

believer,

Don't quote me but I believe Series 3 GTR start from a build date from Feb 1997-Feb 1998~... Only around 1500-2000~ Series 3 were ever built. Then they started producing the R34.

Cosmetic changes, like Red Inserts in the seats, red stitching throughout the interior (not pink thanks Gojira :) ), they have only 1 rear reverse light, and one fog light, Xenon headlights are standard. I also believe there is some structural changes, and Series 3 GTR's have better gearboxes.. Stand to be corrected.

Meshmesh, I still need to call you... Id L-o-v-e to take this thing of your hands!!

Matt.

Hi Matt.. Cheers, PS I've seen you car run, it sounds awesome. Maybe we can work something out, you supply & fit the Whipple Chargers (x2) for our boat, and we can work out good price on the car... :) either way I'll be heading down your way early next week, I might pop in.

Hey Simon, some crook had pics of your car for sale on ebay yesterday for a price of $7000. His email was [email protected]. He has been using a 2000 R34 GTR for sale also and claims that these cars are in Germany or Italy and wants payment there.....

Hey Simon, some crook had pics of your car for sale on ebay yesterday for a price of $7000. His email was [email protected]. He has been using a 2000 R34 GTR for sale also and claims that these cars are in Germany or Italy and wants payment there.....

:) cheers george, I saw that and notified ebay yesterday..

PS: Lucky I knocked back your original offers before you bought your GTR, You could have bidded on it @7K and saved yourself about $40K ;)

Well ... the car is sort of sold to a mate who wants it later this year, once the 34 deal is sorted out. In the meantime we are contemplating just biting the bullet and giving her a pampering with the final (insert french accent) "piece di resistance" a nice full engine rebuild/overhaul.. numbers we're tossing around are in 400's, but who knows and who really cares... I guess, we'll aim to build it for more than we really want and use 70-80% of that, so long as it's streetable/reliable... and not really interested in drag/dyno queening.

Cheers.

So I guess this thread is officially closed.