SAU Community

**** Questions For Maintenance/wear And Tear Problems For Er34 ****

FiloGTT34

G'day SAU'ers !

I have come to this forum to gain some knowledge about skylines.

Today, i have a few problems about my ER34, I just wanted to know how big is the problem i am facing $$$$$ and if its urgently needed to be looked into or service ASAP.

So here are my problems:

1. During cold weather, my car/engine "squeals" for at least a good few seconds - I have searched on the

internet and i found out this is mostly wear and tear. Possible one of the belts in the engine needs

replacement.

2. Dash board shows, "TCS/OFF" light's ON, "SLIP" sign light's ON, "engine" sign light's ON !

Now, i know this is not normal, never happened before. Only this year, particularly this year's winter it only started to occur in the car.

Brief summary about my car, I owned it for the last 7+ years, 2nd owner only. Had 100k service few years ago. Odometer shows 155,000k on it. its a weekend car only. service regularly. 1999 model, R34 GTT (ER34).

Any input would be much appreciated.

And thanks in advance!

cheers guys,

The squeeling problem is most likely a loose or off center belt. You could turn it on and look at the engine bay and try and follow the sound to see which belt the sound is coming from, replacing/tightening the belt's price will depend on which belt it is really.

I'm sure someone else would be better suited to explain the lights on the dashboard problem, I would be leaning towards a fuse/short somewhere though.

1. loose fan belt. easy fix. tighten or replace.

2. ECU has thrown a fault code. you need to connect a consult cable to see what fault code and fix accordingly.

mine showed the same lights when the coil packs were on their way out. it threw the fault and showed all the warning lights well before I felt it missing (but it soon started missing). the stock ECU is very smart, so you need to read the fault code off as yours doesn't necessarily have the same fault as mine.