SAU Community

under the hood questions er34

pic 1 fan:

what is this fan for ? stock intercooler?

it is currently disconnected, car has a front mount intercooler.

pic 2  brackets:

two brackets by pass side strut tower

what are these for?

pic 3 intake hole/capped hose:

there is a hoses capped and large hole/ plate missing? on back of intake pipe next to throttle body

what is the hose suppose to be connected to and what is this plate missing?

pic 4 5 and 6 hood prop rod :

hood prop rod is not bent, but doesn't line up with clips to hold it, it hits

something electric sensor? that is on a bracket, what's not correct here?

I would also assume there suppose to be a prop rod bushing?

pic 7 brake line brackets:

where can one find the upper rear vertical brackets for brake lines, both are broke one front missing

thanks

20231209_013514.jpg

20231209_013546.jpg

20231209_013917.jpg

20231210_104141.jpg

20231209_013557.jpg

20231209_013702.jpg

20231209_114445.jpg

Edited by JC71

Air con condensor fan.

Not sure about the brackets. They're not the same on the 32. Possibly for tank breather lines.

Traction control motor/throttle body. Hoses? Can't tell.

External air temp sensor for the climate control. And yes, bushing.

Dunno about the brake brackets. Probably NLA.

where is the External air temp sensor for the climate control originally mounted?

# 3 pic : this blank opening is on the back side of intake piping, just before the throttle body, throttle position sensor?

https://tfaspeed.com/products/nissan-skyline-r34-gtt-rb25-neo-tps-throttle-valve-switch

the hose that is plugged come right off the bottom edge of the bov, I believe.

Edited by JC71

12 minutes ago, JC71 said:

where is the External air temp sensor for the climate control originally mounted?

Again, on an R34, I don't know exactly. But somwhere around there. We all relocate them to clear intercoolers, oil coolers, etc.

14 minutes ago, JC71 said:

# 3 pic : this blank opening is on the back side of intake piping, just before the throttle body, throttle position sensor?

No. The actual TPS is on the actual throttlebody, which is of course, further along at the plenum inlet. It's on the opposite side of the crossover pipe from the throttle cable and bell crank that you can see in your pic #3.

The RWD turbo Neos have an additional ECU (actually, TCS ECU) controlled throttlebody where that blank opening is on yours, for the traction control system.

alright, so some came from Nissan, wide open like this, or was there a plate there originally?

so I can put a plate over this opening, and it wont or currently effect anything by not having it connected or open/closed?

and I would assume the Air con condenser fan will have to be connected in order for the a/c system to function correctly, I would assume its controlled by a temp sensor or such, I will look to see if hopefully its just been unplugged and I can track it down, other wise where does it wire to?

Edited by JC71

34 minutes ago, JC71 said:

alright, so some came from Nissan, wide open like this, or was there a plate there originally?

so I can put a plate over this opening, and it wont or currently effect anything by not having it connected or open/closed?

I have never seen a turbo crossover pipe casting without the TCS TB in place. Your photo does not do enough to show what is actually going on. That oblique angle does not tell me if that mounting point for the TCS TPS is open to the pipe or not not. If it is open, then someone has removed the TCS throttle, motor and TPS, etc. And yes, you will have to close it up somehow. If there are no penetrations on either the front or the rear of the crossover pipe, then you don't have to do anything. But as I said - I've never seen a casting with the mounts that doesn't have the TCS parts.

The Stageas had the same motor, but because they were AWD, they don't have TCS. So they have a different crossover pipe.

The air con will work without the fan - as in, it will run. It won't work well in hot stop-start traffic though. The fan is there to get some air moving across the condensor.

Yes, the wiring loom/plug for it is supposed to be within reach of the fan's own plug. If it's nearby, you'll find it. If it has been f**ked off, no-one can help you.

You really should look at the service manual. There are lots of diagrams.

alright, here is a better pic of the hose coming off by the bov.

i could not find any wire loom or remains for the ac fan connection.

any idea what are these two open ended hoses by the battery?

20231211_174907.jpg

20231211_175008.jpg

The hose near the BOV has nothing to do with the BOV. It is probably the sense line for the Neo's boost sensor, which is usually mounted on the back end of the coil cover there, next to the purge solenoid. All this is shown inn the DRAWINGS that I keep referring you to.

The hoses near the battery look like someone's bodge. No-one can know what some wanker in the past has done.

did some google searching, and it appears alot of these rb25det neo from Stagea's have nothing in that TCS opening.

as far as that hose next to the bov, I found this pic and it is showing this hose, it has two short sections and a inline valve? or something, but did not find pic showing where it connects to.

as far as i can tell the hose that goes to the boost sensor is off the back of the top section of the intake.

as far as the Drawings you keep referring to, where can one get those?

s-l1600 (1).png

Edited by JC71

5 hours ago, JC71 said:

as far as that hose next to the bov, I found this pic and it is showing this hose, it has two short sections and a inline valve? or something, but did not find pic showing where it connects to.

That's a filter, and after the filter is the boost sensor. The ECU's boost sensor. Not the dash gauge boost sensor. The ECU's sensor is DEFINITELY connected to the crossover pipe. The dash gauge boost sensor is definitely connected to the plenum.

The drawings are in the R34 workshop manual (as I already said), which is freely downloadable after a brief google search.

did some google and I think I found that the two hoses by battery, must be for washer bottle, that is missing, the front outside temp sensor goes on bottom driver side edge of lower rad cross member. correct me if I'm wrong.

new question:

car has what looks to be the xenon style headlights,

what color are head light bulbs originally?

current outside corner lights are blue...