SAU Community

Extreme Torque Split Controller

One of these torque spilt controllers is mounted in my R33 GTR. I cant find any info on it, and it only has an email address printed on it.

Its hooked up, flip it to 2wd and the 4wd light comes on. Have not seen any differences in torque split when i turn the knob. Have not really messed with it much

Any experience with this particular model?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GTR-Torque-Split-Controller-TSC-GTS4-GTS-4-RB26-Stagea-SKYLINE-R32-R33-R34/111837972825?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3D992dadac13ff47a1ba263b3eb8e6034b%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D111687685075

Thanks

i got one, its very basic. should just manually mess with the gain of the split if its hooked up correctly. just search torque slip and there are many threads.

I guess i should have elaborated a little more. Sorry

I got the basics of it, but read that it doesn't switch the R33 to 2wd only?

Also, if the switch is accidently switched when driving, and i switch it back to 4wd, the 4wd light stays on. Is it not switching back to 4wd?

I guess i should have elaborated a little more. Sorry

I got the basics of it, but read that it doesn't switch the R33 to 2wd only?

Also, if the switch is accidently switched when driving, and i switch it back to 4wd, the 4wd light stays on. Is it not switching back to 4wd?

Probably because there is preload on the clutches, you can't really have 2WD. Also if the ATTESA registers a fault and the 4WD light comes on, it is unlikely to clear while the car is running, only after turning it off and on.

• 1 month later...

Next time its wet try taking a corner as fast as you can with knob on 0 then try again with it turned up. I notice a huge difference on 0 compared with 6 (i have never really had the need to go higher) works surprising well for how simple it is

I have one of these hooked up in my 33 GTS4.

From what I understand 32's Attessa system has a fuse and electronically engages the 4wd system while 33's have a viscus fluid and the system engages based on slip and the amount of G forces put on the fluid so only the 32s could use the 2wd/4wd switch.

I've found it to be pretty good for a simple controller, and certainly does add grip. It simply tricks the Atessa system to think you're slipping - how much R% F% is based on how much you turn up the dial. 10 = 50/50% while 0 = 100%/0% or that 95%/ 5% up front while normal driving, whatever the normal ratio is.

I have one of these hooked up in my 33 GTS4.

From what I understand 32's Attessa system has a fuse and electronically engages the 4wd system while 33's have a viscus fluid and the system engages based on slip and the amount of G forces put on the fluid so only the 32s could use the 2wd/4wd switch.

I've found it to be pretty good for a simple controller, and certainly does add grip. It simply tricks the Atessa system to think you're slipping - how much R% F% is based on how much you turn up the dial. 10 = 50/50% while 0 = 100%/0% or that 95%/ 5% up front while normal driving, whatever the normal ratio is.

These are the only parts of your statement with any truth.

• Like 1