SAU Community

Rb25det Blowing Smoke

Hey just wanted to let everyone know it was the hoses to the catch can and a stopped up filter. My catch can is in a bad location when it rains the filter gets soaked with water and the crank case isn't able to breath. It started smoking again after driving in the rain for 3 hours and i pulled the filter off that was stopped up and put a new one on and it stopped smoking. So i will be moving my catch can and changing how some of the lines are ran to fix the problem permanently.

It was on the car when i got it, but from my understanding its to keep oil out of the intake by separating the oil from air that is coming from your crank case. From reading online there are several ways to hook one up. If they are done right i don't think that they will cause problems. I will be reconnecting my pcv valve and running a pipe from where the filter goes to before the turbo and after the MAF. That is the easiest way for me to fix mine. I will also be putting steel wool inside the catch can to help separate the oil out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update it was the filter on the catch can stopping up. Ran the hoses back to the intake like stock setup was and everything is doing fine. Ive put almost 4k miles on it since and not losing any oil or coolant. I have since installed a nistune board and new coil packs. I also found out that the acc, o2 and vct were not getting a 12v power. Last owner pulled the fuse for it and i also found he broke a bolt that held the acc valve on the intake. Had to pull the intake off to fix that. It was a lot easier to pull off that it was to get on. It also has a new starter from a 65 datsun 411. Getting ready to buy new injectors, dump pipe, down pipe, maf, bov, and turbo. Still trying to decide what turbo to go with so the dump pipe is on a waiting list till i decide what turbo.

Not really sure what I'm going with. Having a hard time desiding I want good response. Would like to hit full boost in the 3k range and make about 400whp or 300rwkw I could do a high flow turbo and that would get me close to my mark but I would be pushing it with some where in the 20psi range but I really would like to stay below 18psi.