SAU Community

my poor babys....

inark

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way a person can stop the warfies thrashing your car around? My car is scheduled for shipping from Japan on 30th July to arrive around 15th August (using the RORO method)  

Q. Can I go down to the docks and meet the car getting unloaded? Then hang around untill customs are done checking it? Then take it straight to compliance place? (I have heard that you can get an special permit to drive the car (from VICROADS unregistered/and un-complied) to workshop. This should keep the guys at the docks from taking the car on any sort of joy ride or stealing shitt?

why don`t wander down the docks at melborne and ask the nice warfies if it ok to watch your car being unloaded....so they don`t steal your stereo

:headspin:

also unload and inspect can be 2-3 days inbetween so take a blanket

why don`t wander down the docks at melborne and ask the nice warfies if it ok to watch your car being unloaded....so they don`t steal your stereo

:headspin:  

also unload and inspect can be 2-3 days inbetween so take a blanket

Melborne??? Thanks for the advice... obviously you have tried my trick already?

Maybee I wil have more luck than you. Yep, I think I will make a weekend of it, do some fishing near the boats (I hear thats where all the BIG one's are?) bring a guitar and sing com-by-ya...

Warfies... what did they say to you when you went down?

Thanks again.

blackrobin, i have somethings to tell you and maybe you can answer them plz.

1 : Maybe you can call the docks and ask for the estimated time and date of your car arriving at the docks..

2: after you get those answerz you just go fishing near by!:)

3: they will steal some things if you dont go watch them unload.

4 : RORO is a stupid idea, you shouldve payed extra.

5 : i am going to camp out there because i cant wait for my car :D same date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 : when are you going to arrange a permit ? i am going to call vicroads today after i wake up and organise for a permit to drive it for around one month.

from the 15th of August to 15th September. That gives me enough time for engeineering and also the new clutch ;).

all jokes aside guys .....wharfs ,customs,fed police,are very nervous..not sure if thats the right word around our entry ports all over oz ..due to OSAMA and mates atm

usual gate pass is now photo id required..a lot stricter than it used to be

if you do go down there don`t mention the word ALLAH.....it could cause a lot of problems

So, either way they will make it hard to get down and babysit car. It's just another side effect of importing a car? It's not like there are many risks involved in importing a car :)

I tell you what... on top of waiting 11 weeks from the first time I expressed interest for my GTR...DOTARS issues...insurance issues...engine condition issued...tuning issues...power to weight issues...general nervs about my first (and probably last or not for a long time) attempt at importing from Japan, warfies/customs don't really concern me anymore. I'm sure it's just the begining of a hole lotta wasted CASH and trouble...oh, and I get a GTR:)