SAU Community

my poor babys....

inark

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in the first pics I saw there were a couple of boxes of spare parts in the passenger footwell, but I dunno what they did with em. I haven't checked up on the car since you signed the agreement with j-spec. I din even know it was in brissy... farken brissy of all places... its notorious for gettin shit stolen.

HAHA i just got a quote to insure my monster (the car not the thing in my PANTS! WOOF! black adder fans... if there are any would know what thats about.) for 1171!! AHAHAHA

thats less than half what it was to insure my almost stock R32 GTST

Where I used to work we had to contract to service all of the cars from the docks in Melbourne.

The worst I saw was a Transit van that at 14,000km needed a full engine rebuild and has been totally trashed inside... wouldnt have even been able to sell this thing for $2,000 and it was only a year old... I couldnt beleive that the bosses would let them do this to the cars as it must cost them a fortune to keep fixing.!

i thought you can only have the car landed on Australian docks with the import approval already in australia... somebody was telling me that if your car is already on its way from japan and you send the documents away to canberra and your car lands in melbourne or whereever while ur documents are still being assesed in canberra doesnt that mean customs can confiscate your car??

whats all this about warfies trashing cars?? is this only with RO/RO services is it?? because if you have a Car in a container with parts , dont customs seal it with a special tag and if you break that tag before customs quarintine it you get in shit?? so this way no1 gets into the container and steals shit etc..??

this might sound stupid - i've never brought a car in - but, why can't the importer put the car in a container, and send the keys to you? Then when the car arrives, you go down to the docks (assuming you have customs clearance, or with customs), open the container, and give them the keys... sorted :P

:( My car (cefiro) was shipped a month before I got my import approval (miscommunication between the agent and me). Anyways, I organised with customs for it to sit in their holding yard till the aproval was done, and they were cool with that. It cost around $300ish but they didn't confiscate or destroy shite.

Also with the wharfies playing with the cars, yes, it does happen with roll on roll off cars.

Mine was on a ship July 5th, landed on 17th. My approval was approved 9th July, and mailed out 12th July. I thought it would all work out fine, surely 1 letter can get from Canberra to Sydney in 5 business days? OBVIOUSLY F*CKING NOT!!!! It's now 21st, no sign of the f*cking thing and i'm going to have to pay if nothing is through by Thursday.

I can't believe how shit the post is. I'm organising ANOTHER import approval to be sent out, gonna try and get that sent super special fast mail, or whatever is the quickest way.

By the way, RAWS has a secure server to lodge import approvals. Suppose to be approved, 7-10 days. But no-one told me the f*cking things have to be MAILED out after that! I wouldn't have tried to get it on the boat if i new that. :D

EDIT: Other stupid things. The car has been approved for import, but DOTARS won't mail to anyone but the compliance place, they won't fax the thing, they won't email it. :mad: They won't give out the import approval number, and i don't think customs anything but a copy of the approval (eventually real thing), even tho they can check whether the car is approved or not :mad:

Is there any way a person can stop the warfies thrashing your car around? My car is scheduled for shipping from Japan on 30th July to arrive around 15th August (using the RORO method)

whats all this about warfies trashing cars?? is this only with RO/RO services is it?? because if you have a Car in a container with parts , dont customs seal it with a special tag and if you break that tag before customs quarintine it you get in shit?? so this way no1 gets into the container and steals shit etc..??

Q. Can I go down to the docks and meet the car getting unloaded? Then hang around untill customs are done checking it? Then take it straight to compliance place? (I have heard that you can get an special permit to drive the car (from VICROADS unregistered/and un-complied) to workshop. This should keep the guys at the docks from taking the car on any sort of joy ride or stealing shitt?