SAU Community

R32 Gtr Nismo Gt Pro Into S13/varied Housing Sizes?

Hi Everyone,

After looking around for quite a while for a bulletproof diff and cv combo for my silvia. I ended up purchasing 32gtr hubs and cvs, and searching for matching diff. Wanting to keep my ratio, i stumbled across a nismo gt pro 2way to suit 32 gtr, just the centre, and stub axles with bearings. I did some looking around and figured i can swap my crown wheel on, and chuck it in my housing.

Today i made good progress but am stuck at getting this center into my diff housing. It seems very tight and not in completely yet, with zero shims or spacers. Does anyone know if i have missed something in my thought process, or do i just need to keep shoving it in? My housing was originally a viscous lsd, r200.

Appreciate any advice! I am not a diff expert so may have missed something simple too....

f987bc784fc8929a649f8560445c2e3a.jpg

The worst time I have ever had playing with cars in the last 6 years is f**king around with Nissan R200's.

Everything is close enough that it looks like it should work, but then it doesn't. If I was you I would find a 32 GTR diff, take the centre out of it and put your 2 way centre in it. Then just sell your housing and standard GTR centre.

Dicking around with Nissan diffs sucks.

• Like 1

Did you centre come with half shafts? One example of how shitty R200's are; R32 GTR came with 3 different centres. 29,30 and 31 spline. So not only do you need the correct housing and centre, then you have to find correct spline half shafts.

• Like 1

Yeah, it came with matching half shafts and bearings.

Completely agree re looking close enough but then just won't quite fit! Costs a lot of time messing around. I think ill take it to a shop today for a second opinion, but ultimately as you said buy another diff and see if it fits in there, and mod the front flange to suit my tailshaft. I considered trying to machine my housing out a bit but think it's a waste of time and money and still may not work

Yep modding your housing is a waste of time and money. At least you can sell it later if you just buy a GTR one.

You are in newy yeah? I have another R200 V-LSD housing you could try if you reallllly wanted to. You are welcome to come grab it and try. If not have a chat to Newcastle gearbox and diff. Have found them helpful in the past.

Yep modding your housing is a waste of time and money. At least you can sell it later if you just buy a GTR one.

You are in newy yeah? I have another R200 V-LSD housing you could try if you reallllly wanted to. You are welcome to come grab it and try. If not have a chat to Newcastle gearbox and diff. Have found them helpful in the past.

Thanks for the offer man really appreciate it. I am in Newcastle yeah, thought you were interstate for some reason. I think I am just going to buy a gtr diff and swap it all across. Hopefully can sell one of the centres again after its all working. The car is now stuck on someone else's hoist so I'll need to sort it relatively quickly.

I dropped it all to a mate who just took over a workshop so hopefully he can check the ratio and i can source something close. That was the other motivation behind keeping my diff - didn't want to change ratio if i didn't have to.

• 1 month later...

East Coast JDM are great - they looked through all their rear subframes for me when i wanted to swap from non-hicas to a hicas subframe (with lockbar).

Hey i'm in Newy too. I have a dodgy looking silver GT-FOUR r34 sedan, with a turbo stag motor.

• Like 1