SAU Community

New Owner 2001 Stagea 250t RSFour

marlowe

New Owner 2001 Stagea 250t RSFour

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum which I've been searching through the past couple of weeks. Lots of great stuff so far! I'm the owner of a 2001 Stagea 250t RSFour! Unfortunately I can't take delivery of it until November of this year. So it should be going on a boat from Japan in mid-October to make it Vancouver and finally to me in Alberta in November. I've attached a couple of photos of the car and the auction sheet (Japanese and translated). I guess with the auction sheet I was wondering if there was anything in Japanese version that failed to translate on to the English version? Not that I can back out of the purchase anymore, but just to be prepared for what I'm getting when it comes.

One thing that came to mind is my brakes, with the car sitting in a yard, then on a boat from August to November am I going to need to replace my pads and rotors? So I've  been searching along to see what I can find for replacement pads and rotors for my car. I believe I can use an Infiniti G35 as my North American market car to get me those parts but I'm not 100% sure.

I've been trying to use Partsouq, Nissan.epc-data and Rockauto to cross reference before I make my order on Rockauto. Do you folks use Partsouq and Nissan.epc-data much for replacement parts?

Thanks for the read, this is my first JDM vehicle purchase and I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. Firstly driving RHD in a LHD world and reconditioning/maintaining a car that was never sold here.

Another question anybody have experience with http://www.nikkyocars.com/ ?

NS165810-5.jpg

NS165810-6.jpg

Stagea photo from auction - 4.jpg

165810-2.JPG

165810-1.JPG

• Like 1

Nice looking car.

What do you need to do to get it on the road there?

Id say only change pads and rotors if they are below minimum thickness.

Id prolly change all the fluids though, oil, brake fluid, diffs, coolant, gearbox etc.

The biggest piece is needing to be 15 years old to the month. Best case you have some kind of document from the manufacturer staying production date or I think more likely is first registration date. And that's to be allowed to be considered exempt from the usual importing process.

And for registering for the road is a provincial step. We have out of province inspections and I think it's basically a thorough mechanical inspection focused on safe for use on the road. Some of the more complex items would be day time running lights. I think the rest is straight forward. Functioning signal lights brakes with enough life in them. Oh and if there are repairs needed (bad ball joint, poor brakes) I think there is a 14 day window to get it retested. That's where I came along and started thinking about having some brake parts on hand no down time waiting for shipping. Hoping all else is 100% and just fearing too rusty rotors and pads from sitting waiting to come over.

This is my first importing experience so all my info above is just from what I've read... but hopefully it's not too far off.

Thanks for the tip about the fluids. Yeah I think I ran into a great thread about the fluid replacements on here somewhere. The Atessa pump sounds interesting. It seems all the Nissan/Infiniti 4wd vehicles here have an electronic type. No pump setup like this Stagea.

Hey marlowe,

Little jelly of your m35 purchase! Will be one of the first in Canada no doubt! Considering it for my next car but I NEED a manual tranny and they are so rare on the m35...

I bought my 99 C34 RS4S through Nikkyo on Tradecarview. They were pretty good overall, great with communication; the guy would email me back almost any time of day immediately. My car was also a 4B, really in great shape and can't complain. My only concern, which is not necessarily their fault, is that the auction sheet said no accidents, but having owned the car 2.5 years now, and I've gone over every corner, I have determined it was in a front end accident at some point in its life, as the headlight was cracked, and siliconed and duct taped ...and the fact that I have a full dolphin body kit except for the front end. But I imported a 260RS front end anyways so doesn't matter...

Anyways, good luck with the processing and such. Join Canadian Stagea Owners FB group and share your experience!

Cheers,

Brendan

DSCF5827ArtOfStance2016.jpg

Edited by SpartanAir

Hey Brendan! Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear from someone that tradecarview and nikkyo were good! Yeah if things go decent with a year of owning this jdm I may try to import something else on my own through that site. Did you have any major work that needed to be done right away to get it driving? Cool that it's a 4B mine is graded the same way as well. It does have a repair/replace mark on the front driver fender.
I'll definitely make my way over to that group you mentioned.

By the way I like the color and style of your wheels! What size are those?